CamerAware BETA aka 'CamerAware <hearts> Navizon'

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest MadMatt2002
This script already does that.

Might be worth you waiting for Paul to incorporate this in his code.

RSVRover

Cheers - wasn't tooo awake last night! Too much paperwork to do and too little time to do it!

Guest Paul (MVP)

Download in first post updated to 3.080116 which puts a wait in to ensure wifi is off before attempting Navizon Sync, and also fixes some minor menu issues in the previous release.

P

Guest pjam001

The updating of the camera database doesn't appear to work. Just updated v2 fine.

I can't be sure but think i had this trouble with the last v3 release.

Anyone else?

Also, selecting the "about" option causes ca to crash.

cheers

pjam

Guest tsutton

Downloaded & installed the latest build.

Odometer and Navizon Stats ticks still appears when it's being run for the first time. But I am assuming it's cached from previous build. (registry)

Will give it a proper test on the way home.

Guest Paul (MVP)
The updating of the camera database doesn't appear to work. Just updated v2 fine.

I can't be sure but think i had this trouble with the last v3 release.

Anyone else?

Also, selecting the "about" option causes ca to crash.

cheers

pjam

Both those functions work as intended on mine...? Anyone?

P

Guest Paul (MVP)
Downloaded & installed the latest build.

Odometer and Navizon Stats ticks still appears when it's being run for the first time. But I am assuming it's cached from previous build. (registry)

Will give it a proper test on the way home.

Select a different option (e.g. 'Navizon Stats') to clear that caching and you'll be sorted.

P

Guest pjam001

I don't get the option to input my registration info. I really can't remember if i had to on previous v3 releases (even the first v3 release)

I do still have v2 installed so is the registration info picked up from that?

Just wondered if v3 could be thinking i'm not a registered user? (Grabs another handful of straws :) )

pjam

ps the exact message is " unable to check for updates, please try again later "

gprs is working fine.

Edited by pjam001

Guest Paul (MVP)

Reg info is picked up from the V3 registry, so it must be in there if you don't see a 'Register' option!

To get a fresh start, delete 'HKCU\Software\CamerAware 3' :)

P

Guest pjam001

Ok, just uninstalled both v2 (which was working fine) and v3. Manually removed folders from program folder.

Re-installed latest v3 only.

All working fine now.

Happy bunny again. :)

pjam

(didn't need to tweak the registry Paul but thanks all the same)

Edited by pjam001

Guest tsutton

Using the latest build, with "Navizon Stats" enabled.

Connected and I "Locked" the phone.

Left it for 10 mins. I checked again and it was stuck at "Waiting for GPS", however it was still logging APs and Cells, so it was working OK, just that the text is incorrect, i.e. not refreshed?

And I still have the "Nan Miles" text when I changed to Odometer.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Hmmm, i'll check that out, remember that bottom window is a log, so 'Waiting for GPS' was just the last 'event' as it were.

Not sure what's going on with the NaN miles, i'll try and replicate that. In the interim, could you regedit and remove HKCU\Software\CamerAware\LastOdometer if it's there?

Cheers,

P

Guest juxt@pose

Paul,

yesterday did the navizon thing through referal and installed Cameraaware Ver 3 .x114. Plotted home through it and sync up nicely. Hope you enjoy the points. Updated today to CameraAware .x115 and now can't sync with Navizon. I get the error message " Your Navizon API key is invalid".

Is there an issue with the upgrade or have I missed something.

BTW great software.

Guest juxt@pose
Are you trying to run the Navizon app itself at the same time? Give it a reboot and it should fix it.

P

As always, your right, reboot fixed it. :)

I'm not running the apps at the same time, but when i'm at an open wirelesss point I will do a manual sync with my local database to Navizon with Navizon. Check me on this but I do need to sync with navizon don't I? CameraAware dosn't do the uploading of the lovely points does it? I tend to do it this way so my data uploads/downloads don't show so high on the company bill. <_< And logging all these open wireless points is just going to make things easier.

Guest Paul (MVP)

When you disconnect, CamerAware uploads to Navizon. You don't even need the Navizon points installed.

I'm also gonna give CA (in the next few days) an option whereby you can have it sync every 10 minutes!

P

Guest juxt@pose
When you disconnect, CamerAware uploads to Navizon. You don't even need the Navizon points installed.

I'm also gonna give CA (in the next few days) an option whereby you can have it sync every 10 minutes!

P

Now don't I feel like a dumb arse. :) I thought CameraAware collected the Cells and AP locations using API calls to thier software and then updated the local DB and then I had to update Navizon.com with thier software by syncing it next time i have a valid connection to them.

Sorry for underestimating the software that you have produced.

Guest wizgnome

I just installed 3.080115 on my S710, entered my navizon registraton details, started up the blue tooth GPS and went for a walk.

15 minutes later it had clocked up around 120 AP's and added to my points when I disconnected.

It did not even hang, like Navizon usually does when I disconnected and exited!!!

I will give it a longer run tomorrow and see how it goes.

Download in first post updated to 3.080116 which puts a wait in to ensure wifi is off before attempting Navizon Sync, and also fixes some minor menu issues in the previous release.

Thanks, I'll give that version a try later.

Incidentally, todays 'round-trip' earned me 2500 points (and some for you of course :) ). Not being near my home WiFi, it didn't hang once. This is far better than Navizon's own client. Keep up the good work.

Lee

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.