CamerAware BETA aka 'CamerAware <hearts> Navizon'

Guest PaulOBrien

OK, Just tried 3.080116 in exactly the same way as descibed in my earlier post in this thread (#47).

It still locks up. Tried it twice to make sure.

By connecting and disconnecting shortly after (as soon as WiFi is connected), GPRS never got a chance to start up and make the initial connection to Navizon.

As I said before, this isn't something you'd normally do, but could be done by accident, forcing you to reboot.

Lee

Guest NuShrike

Hmm.. anyway you can check to see if WiFi is fully connected (probably netstats) and prefer that to upload over 3G/GPRS? I would've thought you could just rely on the network stack behavior to pick the best route. If anything, if the WiFi was previously on, leave it on?

Also, is the Navizon upload mode in a separate thread? I would hit disconnect, hit OK, try to go back to CamerAware, and all I get is the wait-cursor and no screen refresh. I'm guessing the upload is in the same thread as CamerAware's main message loop, hence "locking" it up.

I verify the same hang as bacus. Also, any reason there's a couple MB CamerAware instance sitting around in ram even after I "Exit"ed?

Guest wizgnome
Any cells? I suspect I need to sign some files for the cell bit to work on Smartphone?

P

Well it said it had found some cells.

After running for about 40 minutes Cameraware crashed with an Index out of range error whist doing a string get char.

I have also had problems when exiting, app just hangs and I have to re-boot the phone.

Guest Paul (MVP)
Hmm.. anyway you can check to see if WiFi is fully connected (probably netstats) and prefer that to upload over 3G/GPRS? I would've thought you could just rely on the network stack behavior to pick the best route. If anything, if the WiFi was previously on, leave it on?

Also, is the Navizon upload mode in a separate thread? I would hit disconnect, hit OK, try to go back to CamerAware, and all I get is the wait-cursor and no screen refresh. I'm guessing the upload is in the same thread as CamerAware's main message loop, hence "locking" it up.

I verify the same hang as bacus. Also, any reason there's a couple MB CamerAware instance sitting around in ram even after I "Exit"ed?

I don't have code in there to check WiFi was previously on as yet.

The upload is in a seperate thread, but by design CamerAware won't let you do anything while the Navizon sync is taking place.

re: the instance remaining in RAM, not seen that myself - i'll look into it.

P

Guest Paul (MVP)
Well it said it had found some cells.

After running for about 40 minutes Cameraware crashed with an Index out of range error whist doing a string get char.

I have also had problems when exiting, app just hangs and I have to re-boot the phone.

Interesting, what does it say on screen when it 'hangs'?

P

Guest wizgnome

P

Nothing - It just stops running - It might be something to do with the GPRS connection - I see you have made some changes in version 116 - I will try that and see what happens.

noticed a small bug, sorry if mentioned above in the thread. but when selecting to show navizon stats in the settings, it shows them ok. but when restarting CA, it selects odometer and navizion stats ?

Guest tsutton
noticed a small bug, sorry if mentioned above in the thread. but when selecting to show navizon stats in the settings, it shows them ok. but when restarting CA, it selects odometer and navizion stats ?

I've reported this (see page 3) and it was fixed in the latest beta build. What build are you using?

Edited by tsutton

I've reported this (see page 3) and it was fixed in the latest beta build. What build are you using?

soz, didnt check the other pages (bit busy at work :) )... i'm using the newest version 3.080115 BETA

Edited by veef13

Guest tsutton
soz, didnt check the other pages (bit busy at work :D )... i'm using the newest version 3.080114 BETA

Not new... latest (and fixed) version is CamerAware.3.080116 :)

P

Paul,

Some info. for you on a bug with 3.080116 - It runs perfectly on my imate SP5 (Tornado) WM5 without "Navizon Enabled" in the settings.

BUT if I check "Navizon Enabled" CA then closes down every time I click on "Connect"!

I even uninstalled CA and re-installed it, soft reset and checked for updates. Have taken Navizon out of the Startup folder to make sure it's not running in the background.

If I run Navizon on it's own or at the same time as CA (using the GPSID virtual COM port6 method you told me) they both run perfectly OK together (as long as Navizon is not enabled in CA).

Don't know if it's got any significance but my SIM is still a T-Mobile German SIM so no data connection but I upload/download and sync Navizon and CA using my Wi-Fi at home which works fine.

Keep up the great work!

BB

Guest wizgnome

I installed 3.080116 today and ran it whilst traveling to work, all was fine until my wife phoned me. when I had finished the call I noticed the app had crashed (looking at the track log. it was still logging up to that point). I just got the crash screen and when I clicked on Quit nothing happened - although the phone was still working none of the keys were responding and I had to remove the battery to re-boot it.

Edited by wizgnome

Guest Paul (MVP)
Paul,

A little bug in 3.080115.R2

I just installed it on my Vario II. Setup the new option to show Navizon data, and hit 'Connect'. Now, my Bluetooth GPS was nowhere near and I was really just testing the Auto WiFi on, which worked (Great !). The WiFi connected to my AP since it was close. Then I tried to 'Exit' and I get 'Navizon Sync Started' but the 'spinner' just spins forever (well, I gave up after 5 mins). It does the same if instead of 'Exit' I hit 'Disconnect'. I can close the app with the 'X' but now the device is dead - both touch screen and buttons except for the power button. WiFi is still on too if that's relevant. Had to power off/on to fix. It is repeatable too.

Of course, this isn't something I'd normally do, but it could happen inadvertently. Any ideas?

I'll give it a proper go tomorrow as I've got a few hundred miles to cover. (I can just hear Brucie now "And what do points make?.... Prizes !!!")

Lee

Trying to tie this down, and not having much luck. When this works as intended, does the app correctly turn off wifi?

What confuses me is the chain of events on disconnect is Stop Navizon -> Turn off Wifi -> Sync Navizon.

P

Guest wizgnome
OK, working on the next release atm, will phone myself :)

HTC S710?

P

Yes HTC S710 - Not sure if the key lockup is caused by cameraware or smarttoolkit which has problems with locking keys in certain circumstances. I will run it again without smarttoolkit and see what happens if it crashes.

Guest wolds_wanderer

Hi Paul.

Registered with Navizon (on your referral) and downloaded CA3 this morning using latest version (without camera DB at present).

All working well with no issues.

Thanks for a great app.

Gav

Guest Paul (MVP)

Just a heads up for everyone, i've create a new beta where auto sync on disconnect can be disabled, auto 10 min sync can be set, and a manual sync can be initiated at any time. I have a long drive today, so once i've tested it on that, i'll post it up here all being well!

P

Trying to tie this down, and not having much luck. When this works as intended, does the app correctly turn off wifi?

What confuses me is the chain of events on disconnect is Stop Navizon -> Turn off Wifi -> Sync Navizon.

P

Yes. When I use it 'properly' it does indeed stop the WiFi and then sync.

I think it's either that it's still searching for the bluetooth GPS (since it's not switched on) or that I haven't logged any data - 'WIFI APS :0 CELLS : 0' - if that helps.

Guest wizgnome
I will run it again without smarttoolkit and see what happens if it crashes.

Still crashed after running for just over an hour, with no phone calls this time.

When I clicked on quit it did not exit and I had to do a re-boot.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.