CamerAware BETA aka 'CamerAware <hearts> Navizon'

Guest PaulOBrien

Is your device app unlocked?

P

Just got home, read your reply, checked registry and the app unlock settings looked OK so I downloaded and tried SDA_ApplicationUnlock.exe and ran it, rebooted my handset and..... it now appears to be working! :)

I received my new Voda PAYG SIM through the post today so I should now be able to use a mobile Data connection as well as the Wi-Fi at home and I'm off out again now so I'll test CA with Navizon logging enabled this evening and report back ASAP.

Thanks yet again Paul! :D

BB

Guest NuShrike

This new CamerAware beta is really nice. I've only had one instance of the GPS locking up (meaning no program can connect/extract data) requiring a reboot so far. Otherwise, I can go at least a couple days without any forced reboot or unintentional crash (BOOO to bad NETCF programs!).

Just tried Navizon again to see if there was any updates. Well, it almost immediately crashed. Nice. I'm running Dutty's DualTouch V3 rom with NETCF3.5 but that doesn't seem to help.

Thanks again Paul for making this experience much less a pain in the arse.

I'm going to see if I can help you detect if the wireless is fully connected. If IPConfig can detect it, there must be a way to do it through the network stack; maybe even seeing if a known DNS/IP will ping.

Guest dr_nick

managed to get in and get myself a tytnII today...

first software i have installed is this latest beta of cameraware.

2 probs:)

1) navizon website down for testing...

2) need the manual settings for the internal GPS - cameraware autodetects beautifully, but the navizon thing needs the settings- anyone help?

ta

dr_nick

Guest dr_nick

com4 and 4800 baud seems to do the trick just fine.

now i cant find the option to "sync later"

shouldnt be a problem fairly soon as adding a data package...

:)

Guest dr_nick

not to self: refresh the page before replying to my own questions... :)

ok, so runs nicely, but doesn't seem to be picking up cells, and has just crashed on exiting.

:D

and would it be possible to show BOTH the satellites and the navizon stats? would also be good to see what the reward stats are after synching? (currently using your script in web browser)

dr_nick

Guest Paul (MVP)

Not picking up cells? Check your device is app unlocked, and sometimes you need to give it a little while and move a little way before it picks up the first one.

The Sync Later option is coming in the next build, and the reward stats are also on my to-do list too.

P

Guest dr_nick

it has managed to overcome both of the problems now :)

do i need to app unlock my (fresh out of the box) tytnII? i havent had a problem intalling anything yet (though my real efforts are limited by having to wait for my storage card to arrive!)

dr_nick

Guest dr_nick

it works brilliantly - i now have a shortcut on my today creen (in htc home plugin) so one click and i'm connected to gps, , navizon and looking for sppedcams within seconds. have been needing this kind of functionality for a while :)

one of these days will get round to tryin git with toimtom as well...

/eagerly awaits 3.080117,8,and9

dr_nick

Guest Paul (MVP)

I've been testing the new build over the weekend, and i'm not releasing it yet as i'm rearchitecting it a bit. Basically i'm abstracting the Navizon stuff a bit more internally, and tidying things up to bring it closer to production quality :)

P

Guest squilla

Well I got my first points thanks to CA3! I could not get Navizon working to save my life, its no bother with CA3!

Thanks Paul, I will be buying it when it comes out. Im well chuffed! :)

Guest squilla
Buying what when it comes out?

CamerAware is already for sale :D

http://www.modaco.com/content/CamerAware/2...ing-CamerAware/

P

Well roll on pay day then, I shall be getting it midweek, you deserve a few of us coughing up for this for the effort you put in. For some reason I presumed it was the old version you were selling (without all the Navizon bits), basically I want it for the Navizon thing, I live in Dorset, there are only 2 speed cameras in a 50 mile radius, and yes I have been caught on 1 of them, if only I had camera aware back then. :)

Guest Loconinja

Paul, I'm writing a little GPS app myself (car performance metrics). I really like the 7-segment LED digits in CamerAware. Did you create them yourself, or are they available as a font/library?

Good work!

Guest petec500

I downloaded CA3 today and ran it on the way home, but it crashed on me twice with the following script:

CamerAware3.exe

IndexOutOfRangeException at System.String.get_Chars() at x6191d9b9ca12fe51.x32eac27632acc46.x9796310f2b01049c()

at x6191d9b9ca12fe51.x5d4730cb84bd5390.x43bef4d8a8935bc4()

Something i'm doing wrong??

I've been testing the new build over the weekend, and i'm not releasing it yet as i'm rearchitecting it a bit. Basically i'm abstracting the Navizon stuff a bit more internally, and tidying things up to bring it closer to production quality :)

P

Paul,

Following a few teething problems which you helped to resolve last week, I've been using the CamerAware 3.080116 beta over the weekend and today on my imate SP5 (Tornado) running WM5 SP with my new PAYG SIM card on Orange, got the data connection working OK and tested uploading/downloading - all seems to work OK.

As far as I can see CA3 works really well, logging loads of cells & APs all the time it's running.

The Wi-Fi and Bluetooth switch on and start working perfectly and quickly as soon as CA "Connects".

The Sync process seems to work fine as well, although sometimes it is a bit slow when you're waiting for CA to exit.

1 question/request -

Would it possible to give the choice in CA to upload/sync the Navizon data using the Wi-Fi connection? I use this to download the CA updates so presumably the facility to use Wi-Fi is already there in CA. That would be perfect for when you arrive home or anywhere you have a WLAN connection :D available to make syncing quicker & cheaper.

So far, so good. Works great, nice job! :D

BB

P.S. I've just started trying CA3 (and will try out GPS Gate too) on a Hermes (XDA Trion) which I've borrowed and managed to upgrade to WM6 Pro yesterday, so once I've had that running for a while I'll report back. (Having teething on this one too at the moment with the GPS connection dropping out intermittently!)

Guest Paul (MVP)

bribar, that will be in the next build, which i'm working on but won't be ready for a short while as i'm rearchitecting it internally a bit. You'll be able to sync on exit (as now), sync periodically (i.e. every 10 mins to reduce time for disconnect sync) or disable automagic syncing and only sync when you hit the sync option.

P

Guest petec500
petec500 - was that when Navizon logging was active?

P

Yes. I took a different route home through a residential area and clocked up over 200 APs, but then it crashed and i lost them all. Tried to sync after and my rewards didn't show.

Also, i noticed on the way home, it kept dropping connection to my BT GPS for a minute or so at a time, then it would come back. Didn't have that problem when i ran Navizon on it's own.

I'll do some more tests tomorrow.

Guest mwright
Also, i noticed on the way home, it kept dropping connection to my BT GPS for a minute or so at a time, then it would come back. Didn't have that problem when i ran Navizon on it's own.

I thought it might just be me! My Kaiser does this - every so often the speed/direction display goes blank and then after about 30 seconds it comes back. If you look at the tracker, it shows a straight line between the last good point and the next good one after the gap.

Guest mwright

Remember this issue.

Actually it was quite nice!

Any chance of an "alternating" navizon/sat stats display?

Two issues I found with cameraware:

1) If I go to Options -> Display and selected Navizon Stats. I close it and open it, I will have two settings enabled which is navizon Stats and Odometer - see screenshot.

post-104092-1200475228_thumb.jpg

2) This may be related to issue #1 - see interface - says "Nan Miles"

post-104092-1200475223_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.