CamerAware BETA aka 'CamerAware <hearts> Navizon'

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
I thought it might just be me! My Kaiser does this - every so often the speed/direction display goes blank and then after about 30 seconds it comes back. If you look at the tracker, it shows a straight line between the last good point and the next good one after the gap.

Hmmm, I think i've seen this too, but not in CA WITHOUT Navizon?

P

I just installed the beta version, and its the first time I've used CA. I was wondering how we can get a smaller font on the screen, as my GPS connection and satellite/navizon display go outside of the little text box (ie cuts off the eleven ('11') and shows '1' instead for connection time), making them hard to read. Also, I was wondering if we have to manually set the 'enable navizon' each time we load the program or is their a way to keep that selection stored between uses?

thanks

katie

Guest petec500
Hmmm, I think i've seen this too, but not in CA WITHOUT Navizon?

P

Just a quick update after my drive in this morning. Although it still kept dropping GPS connection and the displays all went blank, it didn't crash at all, so i was able to sync on exit ok. I did some major clearing out of my Touch last night though - uninstalled a load of programmes that i wasn't using and did a Quick Clean, so perhaps that helped. The device had been running really slow lately.

Guest Paul (MVP)
I just installed the beta version, and its the first time I've used CA. I was wondering how we can get a smaller font on the screen, as my GPS connection and satellite/navizon display go outside of the little text box (ie cuts off the eleven ('11') and shows '1' instead for connection time), making them hard to read. Also, I was wondering if we have to manually set the 'enable navizon' each time we load the program or is their a way to keep that selection stored between uses?

thanks

katie

You need to reboot after install for the system to pick up the new font :)

Also, the enable navizon setting (and any other setting) is remembered between launches.

P

Just a quick update after my drive in this morning. Although it still kept dropping GPS connection and the displays all went blank, it didn't crash at all, so i was able to sync on exit ok. I did some major clearing out of my Touch last night though - uninstalled a load of programmes that i wasn't using and did a Quick Clean, so perhaps that helped. The device had been running really slow lately.

Oh no! Mine's started doing these problems this morning too! :-(

How bizarre!

Just to check, people with these problems - you are using the GPSID port rather than the GPS port itself right?

P

Paul,

I've just checked and I'd set CA to use COM7 which is the "Outgoing" COM port set up for the Bluetooth GPS receiver in Comm Manager.

I wonder if the fact that GPSID was setup to map COM7 to "virtual" COM port 6 might have been affecting CA's connection to the GPS receiver??

Anyway, I've now changed CA back to use COM6 which is the Program Port setup in GPSID previously - I think this worked OK before but I'm about to drive to another job now so I'll try it on the way there :)

I'll let you know how it goes once I get online again later.

BB

Guest Paul (MVP)

Ah yes, you HAVE to use the GPSID port. The reason for this is that internally in Navizon enabled CA3, CA needs to connect to the com port, but so do the Navizon libraries independently. So if it's not a GPSID'd port, they'll both be contending for the same port, and you'll get weird stuff happening :)

P

Ah yes, you HAVE to use the GPSID port. The reason for this is that internally in Navizon enabled CA3, CA needs to connect to the com port, but so do the Navizon libraries independently. So if it's not a GPSID'd port, they'll both be contending for the same port, and you'll get weird stuff happening :)

P

Ah ha! A perfect explanation (of course!) :D

With that knowledge I think I should be able to get it working properly on my Hermes as well now. (And hopefully using GPS Gate as well later!)

Thanks again Paul :D

BB

Guest Monolithix

P

Am i the only one who gets CA3 saying you HAVE to use a hardware port (not GPSID) when i input my navizon deets?

Guest petec500

P

I'm sorry - i'm running a bit behind with all this. In Navizon (not CA3), in Options-GPS-GPS- i had this set to COM7, which is where my GPS is ported to under Start-Settings-System-External GPS-Hardware-GPS Harware Port.

In CA3, under Options-Settings-GPS Settings-COM Port - this is also set to COM7.

Is this set-up wrong then? Have i missing something?

Guest Paul (MVP)

You should set it to the PROGRAM port, not the HARDWARE port.

I'm currently building some code to autodetect your GPSID settings by pulling them out of the registry :)

P

Guest petec500
You should set it to the PROGRAM port, not the HARDWARE port.

I'm currently building some code to autodetect your GPSID settings by pulling them out of the registry :)

P

Ok. So in Start-Settings-System-External GPS-Program - i have COM 0 selected, so i should put this in CA3, under Options-Settings-GPS Settings-COM Port, right?

Ah - was just trying this as i typed it - there is no COM 0 in CA3! Perhaps i should set them both to COM1 instead.

Guest wizgnome

So what about a smartphone (S710) - I have the problem with the screen going blank whilst collecting Navizon data, but my external bluetooth gps receiver is set up with a port, COM6 mapped to it - in GPS settings in the control panel,

and in CA3 I have set it to COM6 also.

Are there some other port settings I am not aware of?

Guest petec500
COM0 is an odd choice, try COM5 or COM6!

P

Paul - i really appreciate your help with this - you're a top man!

So, now in Start-Settings-System-External GPS-Program - i have COM 5 selected and in Start-Settings-System-External GPS-Hardware - i have COM 7 selected. Then in CA3, under Options-Settings-GPS Settings-COM Port i have COM5 selected.

Guess what - it worked!

Hope to have an uninterrupted journey home!

Thanks again.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Screen going blank? How do you mean?

You basically need to download and install the GPSID tool for Smartphone from here, and assign a program port (e.g. COM5) as well as the hardware port (COM6).

Then connect to COM5 and it'll work (all being well!)

P

Guest wizgnome
Screen going blank? How do you mean?

You basically need to download and install the GPSID tool for Smartphone from here, and assign a program port (e.g. COM5) as well as the hardware port (COM6).

Then connect to COM5 and it'll work (all being well!)

P

Not completely blank, but the speed and direction display kept changing to a "-" I have now run the GPSID tool and configured the ports and changed CA to the program port.

I will give it a try now.

CA is definately a better programs than the Navizon one...hasn't crashed yet for me, or lost any points. Awesome job Paul.

Is there any way to get non-Uk and non-Europe camera databases to be included? Our city is pretty heavy on Red Light Cameras, the city makes a ton of money (not that I've been caught yet...but my boyfriend has a few times $$$), so it would definately be worth 2 subscriptions to Modaco Plus memberships if we can get North American (Canada too) databases? Please???

P

Paul,

Just so you know - again, you saved the day! :D

After you explained that CA3 uses GPSID to share the "Program" Port between the CamerAware and Navizon bits of the software, I suddenly understood :D

To clarify for anyone else who has been having the "LOSING GPS CONNECTION/LIGHTS GOING OFF IN CA3" problem -

Try these settings:

In Comm Manager, Settings, Bluetooth Settings, Menu, COM Ports, setup an Outgoing COM port for your Bluetooth GPS receiver to COM7.

Then setup GPSID to use Program port: COM6 with Hardware port: COM7, Baud Rate 4800, Manage Automatically Ticked.

Then in CA3 (AND Navizon IF you want to use that seperately) you can choose, under GPS settings, COM Port: COM6, Baud rate: Auto.

It works perfectly now! :D

(These settings work using Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone with GPSID installed after Application Unlocking the phone, it will also apply to WM6 versions with slight changes obviously)

I hope this helps anyone who's struggling. Now to get GPS Gate working properly :D

BB

We currently have partial data for US and Canada, I can do you a coverage map if you tell me where you are interested in :)

P

I'm in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

thanks for checking Paul

Guest Paul (MVP)

Here's the Manitoba coverage from the master DB. Bear in mind that if any of these are red light cameras (as opposed to speed cameras), they won't be alerted to by CA (a policy decision!)

P

manitoba.png

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.