Alarms not sounding

Guest VeryRisky

Guest VeryRisky

There's something up with the alarms on my vario II (updated to WM6 T-mobile official). Now and again they don't sound ( as this morning) but I find the notifications on the screen when I pick it up.

This is a big pain for me at the moment - anyone else seeing this?

Guest pd.ryder

Check the obvious first -

1. Volume level on the device

2. Notifications & Sounds settings - lots of options including whether to enable sounds for alarms & reminders

3. The 'alarm' sound pick list also has a tick-box to 'play sound' when an alarm is activated

All easy thing to check before trying a hard reset...

:)

Guest VeryRisky
Check the obvious first -

1. Volume level on the device

2. Notifications & Sounds settings - lots of options including whether to enable sounds for alarms & reminders

3. The 'alarm' sound pick list also has a tick-box to 'play sound' when an alarm is activated

All easy thing to check before trying a hard reset...

:)

No, all are fine and the alarms kicked off later after I had picked up the phone and dismissed some notifications.

IS there a separate alarm clock app I could use as backup?

Guest pd.ryder

There is another alarm app that's very good - it allows you to set alarms / reminders for everything from brushing your teeth to vacuuming the cat :) but for the life of me I can't remember what it's called.

I'm running the T-Mob WM6 OS (minus the T-Mob 'customisations') and use the Alarms on a daily basis without any bother.

I'm sure a Google for 'PPC alarms' might well pop something up -- just tried that and had over 209,000 results! Many of them freeware and at least one reference to Microsoft too. Give some a whirl and report back...

:D

EDIT: This one looks pretty whizz and has a trial version to have a play with.

:D

Edited by pd.ryder

Guest Neil5459

Its one of those ongoing annoyances that after all the versions of Pocket PC and Windows Mobile, Microsoft still haven't fixed the unreliable alarms. Some people have no bother at all; some have major problems, as I did, and as you are having.

I can whoeheartedly recommend Chronos, as cited above. It is reliable and easy to use. The current version of SpB Time is also excellent, though uses rather more memory than Chronos (not a problem on current higher memory devices though!), but has a nicer interface and a good Today plug-in.