HTCmail FINALLY available!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
htcmaillogo.jpg
Back at the launch of the TyTN II, HTC talked about the imminent launch of their HTCmail Exchange product. Well, here were are some considerable time later, and (thanks to the tip from MoDaCo member yrreP), it seems it's finally here!

Found at this HTC page, the service - which apparently is run on HTC's behalf by German company arvato systems - offers the following:

- 2GB storage
- Direct Push / Outlook Web Access / a free copy of Outlook 2007 (par for the course with Hosted Exchange)
- a mailbyhtc.com address (ugh)
- collect mail from up to 5 POP / IMAP accounts
- Sonicwall spam protection
- Remote wipe of your device
- 2 month free trial then monthly costs varying from 14.99 euros to 11.66 Euros, depending on up front payment period

A valid HTC IMEI number is required to sign up for the service.

We've waited so long, and now it's here, it's so - well - meh. :) I think i'll be sticking with my $8.95 per month 3GB account at Sherweb thanks very much :D

P

PS Thanks HTC, now can we have the updated Touch software keypads you promised us at the Dual launch? :D

Guest Monolithix

Just tried to sign up for the trial, it accepted my Vario III imei (:D) but threw up an error once i'd filled out the form, i tried again but my user name is now in use! An sms offering a settings link then dropped through.

Looks like there are a few bugs to sort out yet :)

Guest nickcornaglia

never really understood why push mail was so great...but I realized today that I can connect to my employers exchange server. Thought it was blocked. Everyone knows immediate mail retreival is cool....but the syncing of other folders is cool as well. I know IMAP does this too...

...maybe it's a fun novelty for me...maybe I'll stick with it.

Wish Outlook allowed syncing to home PCs remotely.

Guest NuShrike
PS Thanks HTC, now can we have the updated Touch software keypads you promised us at the Dual launch? :)
PS HTC. Could we PLEASE get video drivers first for this expensive Kaiser that you sold us that under performs your previous devices before you continue your derivative work?

ontopic: Now that Gmail has imap, push-email seems less important. Would be nice to be able to VPN sync with work's Outlook, but since they don't want to support WinMob, oh well.

Guest Pandemonium
I think i'll be sticking with my $8.95 per month 3GB account at Sherweb thanks very much :)
Paul, that Sherweb looks interesting. I'm using 1&1 at the moment and might look at Sherweb when my 6 months free Exchange hosting is up. Looks good for that price and Exchange 2007 too. Is setting up a matter of pointing the domain's MX settings to Sherweb's MX servers? What's the speed and reliability like?

Guest chucky.egg

Quick question for anyone running WM6 and Exchange 2007:

How do you flag messages, and how do you control your OOA from the device?

I have a Touch, but Exch 2003, and see no options for these - do they appear when it detects Exch 2007, or do I need to install something?

Guest jimbouk

indeed...

With 2007, on your device, outlook, menu, tools, and then choose from "search server", "previous results", "Out of Office", "Manage Folders" etc etc

These take you to settings pages where you can for example turn OOA on or off and enter a new OOA message etc

Guest jchamier
Sherweb have been spot on for me so far! 2 accounts with them, me and the missus :)

Sherweb's site says their servers are in Montreal. Which is quite a way away. OWA access to me is pretty important, but Ex2k7 would be brilliant. I notice I can go to www.sherweb.eu and pay in euros, €7/month....!

Although I'm trying to work out if I'll risk holding 3gb of my personal emails outside the EU....

J

Does Sherweb allow me to access my normal POP3 mailbox and push it to my mobile?

Yeah,Id like to know this too.

Also for the push to work do i need my pc on at home all the time with activesync running? :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.