• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Q9h and WiFi response from HorizonWireless

4 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I was going to send my Q9H in the this company to get the Wifi turned on or hacked on. Here is the response that I got the company

Hello Jason,

Sorry for the delay in response, we have been inundated with questions and requests. Over 500 emails. We have been weeding through them, answering each individually.

Some Q9H's that are floating around have wifi radio's. It seems that early Motorola Q9H's have the hardware. We did the mod on Rogers branded Q9H'S that were given internally to a Rogers corporate office. As many of us in the industry know, Motorola sometimes turns off features or bands for that matter. I asked our chief technician Steven Vasco (the actual person who found the mod) and he said that in order to determine which unit you have you would either need to open the unit, or check it using special software. We don't recomend you actually open the phone yourself though. The software is a program that is given to actual service centers and repair shops. Im not sure if its available on the internet though. We do have a local drop off spot, we are located in Montreal I hope that answered some of your questions. If you have any more, feel free to ask away.

Josh M Greene

Public relations

HorizonWireless

So, is it that we need to start building a new ROM. I have a lot of firmware writing experience and I've been trying with a install of linux to create a rom reader but not having the best of success.

Jason

Posted · Report post

What do I need to look for inside? I will crack my ATT Q9h open in 2 seconds to check. I've already had it apart to change the faceplate, so I know the procedure.

Posted · Report post

What do we have to open to see if we have wifi? Me very interested in this :)

Posted · Report post

I guess we would need to know the chipset that you find inside. Broadcom for the Wifi I don't know. If any of you have a nice camera you can post pictures here and I'll look up the chipset. Also are there any connection ports on the system board?

What do we have to open to see if we have wifi? Me very interested in this :)