Paul's crazy project of the day...

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest squilla

you can send it me in Dorset, I will pass it on. This would be really interesting. Would we all know the log in details on Navizon to we can see the trail its taking?

Im thinking of having CA3 running on my old XDA and giving it my boyfriend (or just leaving it in his car :) )to trail him :D

I assume each user to recieve it would need to recharge the phone and battery pack, i could make custom packaging for it here we have all the foam etc... :)

P.S. i am going to run a battery test using Cameraware Beta 3 with Navison enabled, to see how long the battery would last. the back light will have to be off.

How about connecting some copper wire to the main antena and looping it around the package, maybe add a mechanical clockwork device attached to one of those windup electrical devices to prolong the power. Can't wait to see the headlines on Anglia Tonight with all that in place.

How long do you think they would have to evacuate Norwich sorting office for ?

Guest Lordsmiff

This sounds like a really interesting project :)

Count me in!

I'm up near Glossop - all the way oop North so that would be a nice long trip :D

Is there anything you could do to the box to make the GPS reception better? I thought that maybe some kind of copper wire antenna could be stuck in the lid....but then I realised that might make it look more like a bomb than before, so maybe not ;-)

Smiffy.

An even better thing to do is to put a foreign sim in, these sim cards will pick up all the the Cell Towers, so it'll be like having an O2, Vodafone, Orange card etc all in one, am I right? (I have an Italian sim from my wife)

Yeah, I already contemplated that, sadly I don't have one to hand I don't think!

P

You want one, I can probably get one in 48 hours if you want, up to you Paul?

Guest SystemicAnomaly

If you want the furthest south westerly member, I'm in Penzance, Cornwall so here would be a good point to turn it around to head up back north again! Great idea Paul.

If you really need some miles, I'm in Cape Town, South Africa :)

Although i suspect that would be outside Navizons supported area.

Also, we'd need a really good battery for the trip.

Great project though.

Graham

Edited by Gam123

Guest dearsina

Paul, although I think it sounds a like a really fun thing to do, I'm afraid you'll find the route somewhat boring if you post it in the UK. It'll probably be very predictable roads between the following points:

1. Your local post office

2. Nearest sorting office to #1

3. Highway to #4

4. Sorting office nearest to destination

5. Recipients house

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Anyone know a London cabbie that we could "give" a system to? Tell him its just sat nav, but make the system report back location !

Plus think of all the hotspots and towers he/she will find!

Edited by WearTheFoxHat

Guest tsutton
1. Your local post office

2. Nearest sorting office to #1

3. Highway to #4

4. Sorting office nearest to destination

5. Recipients house

While you might be right, remember the large royal mail van do go around and picking up mail from different post office before going to the sorting office. Then when it is being transported, yes, it might be a short or long drive, it will still gather info anyway.

Then when it's being sent out, i.e by postman's van, he would go around different houses before it got to the recipient house.

So, it will be an very interesting routes!

Guest WearTheFoxHat
While you might be right, remember the large royal mail van do go around and picking up mail from different post office before going to the sorting office. Then when it is being transported, yes, it might be a short or long drive, it will still gather info anyway.

Then when it's being sent out, i.e by postman's van, he would go around different houses before it got to the recipient house.

So, it will be an very interesting routes!

Unless you were unlucky enough to be first on Pat's delivery round!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.