WMWifiRouter Probs

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Hi all, Ive just posted this onto XDA-Developers too as I'm keen to see if I can get it resolved:

I've installed WMWifiRouter v0.91 (well I installed a couple of the earlier versions too!).

I can get WMWifiRouter to work fine, and it works very well. Great job Chainfire.

However, when I exit the application and try to connect to my home wifi, it wont connect at all.

The home network is a 802.11g network, ssid broadcast turned off, WPA2 secured. My phone is the T-Mobile MDA Vario III (TyTN II) running standard ROM.

What I am seeing is:

To get WMWiFiRouter working, I need to tell the wifi settings on the handset to use "adhoc connections only". I believe that this a known issue.

To then try to connect back to my home network, in the network settings, the WMWifiRouter adhoc connection still says "connecting". If I then change it to "use access points only". My home network isnt trying to connect. I then select it and choose connect. It sits there for a while saying connecting. Then times out. However when it times out, it also deletes the entry from the list of networks!

Anyone able to help or assist, as Id really love to be able to use WMWifiRouter, but for the past two or three versions i have had to remove it to be able to use my home wifi connection.

Cheers

WTFH

This may or may not be related or help at all but worth trying.

I have been using WMWiFi a lot over the past 2 weeks, as I have just moved down south and I'm still waiting for broadband to be connected. Also looking for a job and I rely on the internet, just to give you an idea of how much I have been using it on a daily basis.

My laptop has been doing similiar, I was thinking it might be the WiFi stack crapping out every now and again, so I ended up switching it off and on again, seems to work for my laptop and just in case it is the WiFi stack crashing after exiting from WMWiFi it will hopefully at least reset the stack once you switch it back on.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest johnnymac
Hi all, Ive just posted this onto XDA-Developers too as I'm keen to see if I can get it resolved:

I've installed WMWifiRouter v0.91 (well I installed a couple of the earlier versions too!).

I can get WMWifiRouter to work fine, and it works very well. Great job Chainfire.

However, when I exit the application and try to connect to my home wifi, it wont connect at all.

The home network is a 802.11g network, ssid broadcast turned off, WPA2 secured. My phone is the T-Mobile MDA Vario III (TyTN II) running standard ROM.

What I am seeing is:

To get WMWiFiRouter working, I need to tell the wifi settings on the handset to use "adhoc connections only". I believe that this a known issue.

To then try to connect back to my home network, in the network settings, the WMWifiRouter adhoc connection still says "connecting". If I then change it to "use access points only". My home network isnt trying to connect. I then select it and choose connect. It sits there for a while saying connecting. Then times out. However when it times out, it also deletes the entry from the list of networks!

Anyone able to help or assist, as Id really love to be able to use WMWifiRouter, but for the past two or three versions i have had to remove it to be able to use my home wifi connection.

Cheers

WTFH

I have the exact same problem!!!!! I only got it work when I changed my home router to use WPAPSK and WPA2PSK.(it was previously set to only use WPAPSK) Now it seems to be able to connect just fine.

• 1 month later...
Guest Pagemakers

I have the same problem.

This app has totally wrecked my E620 and i600.

Wifi on both of them fails after installing WMWifiRouter. Un-installing makes no difference.

Looks like a hard re-set is the only fix.

Very poor show indeed.