DontForget - More than missed events notifier

Guest hujer

DontForget, the 'more than missed events notifier' has been updated to version 2.50!

About the application...

DontForget is easy-to-use and highly customizable Windows Mobile application that can repeatedly remind you of unread SMS text messages, unread MMS multimedia messages, missed calls, unread E-mails and missed calendar events by sound, vibration, notification window or hardware LED.

But it is not just an extension for Windows Mobile operating systems which should already be present and preinstalled by the operating system.

DontForget also can do much more. You can also schedule to automatically switch your device to certain profile, switch to the Flight-mode or switch the device completelly off in given time of deactivation and much more. You also can handle or disable standard „on-air“ LED blinking also on devices (like HTC clones) where the LEDs are controled on hardware level. And finally, by purchasing the license you automatically get technical support, upgrades and future enhancements and the income is used to contribute to special school for sightless children.

Key features include:

• wide range of monitored events (SMS, MMS, missed calls, calendar events, unread e-mails, voicemails)

• choose sound to play for reminder notification (5 sound samples included)

• manual or automatic (according the profile) sound volume

• selectable repeat time interval and repetition rate

• selectable vibration and LED alert (device specific, read further down)

• wide range of deactivation setting (in selected profile, in the Flight-mode or specified time period)

• highly customizabled deactivation and re-activation actions (action scheduling) like:

• switch off the device

• switch the device to the Flight-mode or back to GSM mode

• switch to selected phone profile

• execute or open selected application or file

• scheduled reboot (soft-reset) to automatically reboot your device in preset weekdays and time to keep your device healthy

• Flight-mode switching and automatic reboot feature is working even the device is locked or secured by the SIM PIN

• main LED handling (set frequency of the blinking of LED or disable it completely (device specific, may not work on all devices, just try it!)

• multilanguage support (English, German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Czech, Slovakian, Polish, Russian and Chinese)

You can find more information and the file download at the application page.

df1.gifdf3.gifdf3.gifdf4.gif

Guest johncody

The previous version I tested 6 months ago constantly used 5% of CPU resources and was clearly visible via the lower frame rates when playing TCMP videos vs. when DontForget was unistalled (videos pauses every 2 seconds when dontforget is running)

Does this new version constantly use CPU resources like the older version did?

I didn't see any problems playing videos on my device together with DF.

In the case you need to spare some CPU time, you can disable (switch of) the option "Slow down LED blinking..." which can consume some small amout of CPU time.

But I have this option constantly switched ON and as I said I didn't realize any deceleration.

Guest geekphone123

Hi Hujer,

First I want to say that your application is great. I am using it for 5 weeks now on my s710 WM6 and DF 2.50 version.

I have 2 questions?

1- When you schedule a soft reset, can you make it possible to avoid the vibration of the phone when rebooting? As you can imagine, at 2h00 in th emorning, it is quiet anoying so you don't want to use that feature overnite wich is the best time to do so.

2- Is there a trick to make the led flashing on the same preference as choosen when the bluetooth is on. It seems to overite the flshing pref. when activatin the bluetooth, so it flash as usual every 5 seconds.

Best regards,

JL

Guest chucky.egg

+1

I used this on my smartphone a while back and loved it. I soon moved back to PPC and this is one app I miss.

Expect a donation from me too when the PPC one comes out (WM6 QVGA here)

1- When you schedule a soft reset, can you make it possible to avoid the vibration of the phone when rebooting? As you can imagine, at 2h00 in th emorning, it is quiet anoying so you don't want to use that feature overnite wich is the best time to do so.

Hm, funny, I never heard any user has similar experience. Is it vibration just before the device is restarted or it vibrates all the time? Could you try try to reproduce it so I can fix this possible bug? Thanks.

2- Is there a trick to make the led flashing on the same preference as choosen when the bluetooth is on. It seems to overite the flshing pref. when activatin the bluetooth, so it flash as usual every 5 seconds.

Not sure if I understand you correctly. Please, try to specify it in more details.

And also note: In general, all LED options/features are device specific and may not work on all devices.

Looks like a great little app. I can't wait for the PPC version.....

I will definately use it and donate as soon as it comes out. Cheers.

+1

I used this on my smartphone a while back and loved it. I soon moved back to PPC and this is one app I miss.

Expect a donation from me too when the PPC one comes out (WM6 QVGA here)

Thanks.

I will try to build the PPC version as soon as possible - I promise.

In the meantime you can just try Smartphone version and see if meets your requirements.

Hujer

Guest geekphone123
Hm, funny, I never heard any user has similar experience. Is it vibration just before the device is restarted or it vibrates all the time? Could you try try to reproduce it so I can fix this possible bug? Thanks.

Here we go:

When scheduling a soft resets..

1-One beep warning you that in 25 sec. it will swith the device off

2-One beep and a vibration when powering off

3-One beep when powering on

Not sure if I understand you correctly. Please, try to specify it in more details.

And also note: In general, all LED options/features are device specific and may not work on all devices.

If you enable the slow down LED blinking frequency to 20sec. as per exemple it works fine. If you enable your bluetooth connection, the blue and the yellow leds starts blinking every 5 sec. without considereng the DF settings.

Thanks again for your support!

If you enable the slow down LED blinking frequency to 20sec. as per exemple it works fine. If you enable your bluetooth connection, the blue and the yellow leds starts blinking every 5 sec. without considereng the DF settings.

I'm sorry but I cannot reproduce this behavior you described. On my device everything is working as expected

and I did some other test on other devices (friends etc.) and didn't found any problem.

Just a test, try to use different values e.g. 10sec. or even 0(off) a try it again.

But I'm afraid I cannot do much with that. As I said, all LED options/features are device specific

and may not work on all devices correctly. Especially in this LED "hack" feature.

When you schedule a soft reset, can you make it possible to avoid the vibration of the phone when rebooting? As you can imagine, at 2h00 in th emorning, it is quiet anoying so you don't want to use that feature overnite wich is the best time to do so.

Please try to get updated version of the application from my web pages. I did some modifications there and I hope this will help.

BTW: the Beep when powering the phone on is probably not caused by a DF. DF just initializes the shutdown procedure and the rest is done by OS.

Maybe you can wath if the same will happen when just switching to the Flight-mode ON and OFF (back to normal). Give me a feedback then.

• 3 weeks later...

New version available, DontForget updated to 2.55

This maintanance version fixes some issues and bugs reported by users. E.g.

• Sound player module was rewritten. Known ugly knack/crack at the and of the reminder sound is gone. Also the problem playing some WAV file should be fixed now.

• Problem with sound volume fixed.

More info and download you can find here: DontForget - Newsletter

Guest jbroses

Hujer,

I used the freeware versions of this software for over a year, but had to stop when I kept getting bizzare error messages on my Motorola Q. Of course, I didn't write them down and don't remember now... Regardless, I'm trying out version 2.56, and hope it works, as this is an excellent and much needed piece of software!

In any case, I have two requests:

1) I'm hoping you might expand the vibrate options. I have DF configured to enable vibrate, and to remind on missed SMS/MMS. In my Meeting profile, incoming calls vibrate, but SMS/MMS gives no alert. Unfortunately, DF will vibrate for both of these missed events. Essentially, it would be perfect if DF would vibrate for missed calls but NOT for missed SMS/MMS when I'm in this profile. Maybe there's a way to link the settings to the profile settings (or to simply expand the options within DF itself)? Just a thought (and I'm sorry if that's not perfectly clear, I'm having a tough time describing it).

2) Change vibration pattern. Currently, DF vibrates 4 times in rapid succession for an alert. I wish there was a way to change the number of vibrations (maybe from 1-6) and the time between them (maybe from 0.1 to 1.0 seconds?).

Thanks again! Truly amazing software, and I think it's great that you're collecting donations for a good cause!

Jon

1) I'm hoping you might expand the vibrate options. I have DF configured to enable vibrate, and to remind on missed SMS/MMS. In my Meeting profile, incoming calls vibrate, but SMS/MMS gives no alert. Unfortunately, DF will vibrate for both of these missed events. Essentially, it would be perfect if DF would vibrate for missed calls but NOT for missed SMS/MMS when I'm in this profile. Maybe there's a way to link the settings to the profile settings (or to simply expand the options within DF itself)? Just a thought (and I'm sorry if that's not perfectly clear, I'm having a tough time describing it).

Yes, now DF will vibrate if your currently active profile is using vibration for incomming calls i.e. according to Settings → Profiles → [YourCurrentProfile] → Ring.

That's why DF vibrates on SMS/MMS in your case. To allow separate settings for SMS/MMS vibrations DF must be modified, of course. I will add this case to my ToDo list and in some future release I will implement it. Currently the PocketPC version has the biggest priority ...

2) Change vibration pattern. Currently, DF vibrates 4 times in rapid succession for an alert. I wish there was a way to change the number of vibrations (maybe from 1-6) and the time between them (maybe from 0.1 to 1.0 seconds?).

I see, but the answer is the same, I will add this case to my ToDo list and in some future release I will implement it.

Guest chucky.egg

Got the PocketPC Beta installed this morning.

No problems at all so far, but it's been a quiet day on the messaging front (that's all I use DontForget for!)

Guest hujer

DontForget 2.60 – new feature and some fixes

New version of the DontForget for Smartphone introduces one new feature (Ignore Outlook E-mails)

and fixes some known issues reported by users.

More info and download you can find here: DontForget - Newsletter

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest hujer

Version update 2.63(SP) and 2.03(PPC) released

This update for Smartphones and PocketPCs contains some internal fixes.

Mainly this version fixes the problem with LED and/or Vibration alert on devices which have more than 2 system LED lights defined (like HP iPAQ 614c)

causing the device does not vibrate (or LED-blink) on remiders.

Please also note you can use DontForget application to simply fix the "Amber LED not blinking on Reminders" problem.

More info and download you can find here: http://magazin.softimage.cz/dontforget/news/

• 4 months later...

DontForget 2.65 for Smartphone released – LED/Vibrations again

This update for Smartphones contains (as usual) some internal fixes and modifications.

No new real feature was added but this version is important for user who have troubles with non-working vibrations or LED during reminder.

Mainly on devices which have more than 2 system LED lights defined.

E.g. on Samsung Blackjack 2 (SGH-i617) you have no vibrations (even the option „Force vibrations“ is on) just a sound on reminders.

More info and download you can find here: http://magazin.softimage.cz/dontforget/news/

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.