CAB files?

Guest Blain

I am new to this forum and to WM6 devices. How can I install the .cab files without an installer? After downloading, I get a bunch of files but no installer. Where do I copy the file into and should I copy the whole thing plus folder? Please help me - I am a begging beginner....

Guest Loconinja

CAB files are (usually) native Windows Mobile installers (i.e. you run it on your device, not on your PC). Copy the CAB file to somewhere on your device (I recommend the StorageCard). Then, on your device, navigate to the CAB file using File Explorer and tap it. That's it. Follow the prompts and it will install on your device. Once installed, you don't need the CAB file anymore (except to reinstall) so you can delete it.

• 4 months later...
Guest malfarache1
CAB files are (usually) native Windows Mobile installers (i.e. you run it on your device, not on your PC). Copy the CAB file to somewhere on your device (I recommend the StorageCard). Then, on your device, navigate to the CAB file using File Explorer and tap it. That's it. Follow the prompts and it will install on your device. Once installed, you don't need the CAB file anymore (except to reinstall) so you can delete it.

I have had my S621 for about a year and installed AmpTweaks and regEdit from .cab files, but now that I'm trying Google Earth as a cab file on the storage card with the others, I get no response. What might have happened? Thanks all...

• 1 year later...