Best Carrying Case / Holster for the BJII

Guest eman006

Guest eman006

Just wondering what everyone uses to carry / protect their BJII.

What do you use and why? Please provide a link or a pic to what you use.

Depending on what I'm wearing for the day, I either stick it in my pocket or put it on my hip with the black leather pouch that AT&T sells in the store. http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-ser..._sku=sku1000251

I like the pouch since it doesn't stick out like an extra extremity of my body. Another plus is that you can charge your phone while it's still in the pouch. However, I did notice that the flap does cover the speakers thereby muffling the ring when a call comes in.

I did try the plastic holster where your BJII clips in with the camera lens facing out but was concerned about all the scratches from accidentally bumping into railings / chairs and it falling out and dropping onto a nice uncushioned floor, so I returned it for the pouch.

TIP: To prevent scratches on your camera lens, I bought the screen protectors for the BJII and took one and cut it to the shape of the camera lens window. Works like a charm without any noticeable quality degradation to your photos or video. Now you don't have to worry about scratching that window anymore if you use the plastic holster.

Edited by eman006

Guest jdm0830

i got something like this

http://buy-cellular-accessories.com/images...3sidepouch2.jpg

i got mine for 5 bucks from flea market. 6 if u add 1 dollar for parking lol.

ive had this type for my other phone too they always worked, never had scratches as long as i always us the pouch. i recomend NEVER to put it in yur pocket. i do bump into everything and not a scratch. . my old phone (the one that was stolen) didnt have a dam scartch and i had it for a little under a month. before i had a E6 again this type of pouch. ok i stop now :)

Juan

Guest eman006
i got something like this

http://buy-cellular-accessories.com/images...3sidepouch2.jpg

i got mine for 5 bucks from flea market. 6 if u add 1 dollar for parking lol.

ive had this type for my other phone too they always worked, never had scratches as long as i always us the pouch. i recomend NEVER to put it in yur pocket. i do bump into everything and not a scratch. . my old phone (the one that was stolen) didnt have a dam scartch and i had it for a little under a month. before i had a E6 again this type of pouch. ok i stop now :)

Juan

Is there a reason why you recommend NEVER to put your phone in your pocket? Is it because of the possibility of having kids with 3 eyes or just possible ESD issues? I just don't like having to look like Quasimoto when I'm wearing a shirt / sweater that calls for it to be untucked. Nice pouch BTW.

Guest jdm0830

ruins the phone, you forget. like i dropped it in my pocket once and i dropped my keys in o man i wa spissed (that as the first bjii, then i returned it). o and dust problems are solved that way too. its all cosmetic reason for me. as for my buddies down there, never had a problem when i put my razr in my pocket. although it got the dam dust under screen!

and the pouch doesnt make u look weird at all. people in my school use these alot, so i dont find it unusual. i see bigger phones then mine and still not weird. so it should look good. i thought the case would be weird looking at first but nope, not at all.

Juan

Guest Hylando

I don't like the idea of a blackjack and a case, or any small devices in cases because it makes it that much more bulky, but i would recommend to everyone that a screen protector is mandatory, all i have for my BJ2 is a screen protector and my right front pocket of my pants.

Guest rickyricardo
I don't like the idea of a blackjack and a case, or any small devices in cases because it makes it that much more bulky, but i would recommend to everyone that a screen protector is mandatory, all i have for my BJ2 is a screen protector and my right front pocket of my pants.

I definately agree. I hate those bulky attach to the hip cases. I agree on the screen protector but my problem always seems to be dropping my phone. Especially after getting out of my truck. Because of this I strongly recommend a case like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=260206929390

Guest russelharvey
I definately agree. I hate those bulky attach to the hip cases. I agree on the screen protector but my problem always seems to be dropping my phone. Especially after getting out of my truck. Because of this I strongly recommend a case like this:

A crstal cover? Call that sick. Holster is the best way to protect it.

I got mine from amazon, only cost me 10 bucks, wish i bought it before i dropped my phone on the alphalt :) my whole day was ruined after that. Anyways, i love the case and it doesnt get scratched in my pocket when i put my keys or change in there. It also seems to clean it when i take it out, kinda cool.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Original-Poc...067&sr=8-12

Edited by danzer

Thank you for this. Ive been waiting for a while for a hardcase like this or a rubberized one. And bam they have both. They also have a variety of colors. I picked up the smoked colored hardcase. I was waiting for Boxwave to come out with them. But they are taking there sweet ass time.

Guest dmsaelee

I'm getting myself a case for sure. I dropped mine last night on the sidewalk, and now all 4 corners are scrapped and the screen has a fat scratch on it too. Needless to say, my beautiful Blackjack is now scarred for life...How depressing.

Guest rickyricardo
Call that sick. Holster is the best way to protect it.

Yeah, if your Clint Eastwood and its a six shooter your trying to protect...... :)

No, I'm just kidding, I guess different strokes for different folks. I ordered my "crstal" case from ebay, it only took about 3 days. It fits beautifuly and still shows the nice red color of my phone. I swear, best 10 bucks I've spent in a while.

Edited by rickyricardo

I'm getting myself a case for sure. I dropped mine last night on the sidewalk, and now all 4 corners are scrapped and the screen has a fat scratch on it too. Needless to say, my beautiful Blackjack is now scarred for life...How depressing.

LOL thats sad... last night i was running to a car and when i stopped the phone flew out of my jacket's pocket right onto the street... front was scratched everywhere and 2 big cracks. What sucks is that i have a case but the phone was not in there, it was in my pocket because i was in a hurry...

I've been using EB Cases for the last few years with various phones and I find them to be the best. I especially like the fact that most are belt loop cases, not clips. This keeps the case thin and prevents it from flying off my belt.

For the BJ2 I use their eCopilot H482609, it fits perfectly. http://www.ebcases.com

Edited by mjw930

Guest fastRfastR

I got the "Universal Horizontal Executive Case with Credit Card Slots" at www.discountcell.com. Enter item EXQHOR in the search box. It's Leather, cost $14.95 + $0.99 shipping. Fits the BJII perfectly. Top loader with wrap over cover and magnetic catch; spring clip and belt loops on the back. This case is not falling off me, the phone isn't falling out of the case, not even rain can get in; hope I don't get hit by a bus, though. Smooth fabric interior. The "credit card slot" attracted me - a place to slip a cheat sheet for obscure phone usage notes. After flipping up the cover, two snaps detach and the double front panel flips open: haven't used it yet! I'm very satisfied, esp for $16.

The clear plastic job looks interesting, but could attract pickpockets or more aggressive lowlifes, and I doubt it provides much shock absorption in a fall.

• 1 month later...
Guest Archy

Just my 2 cents...but I don't recommend purchasing hard cases. If you drop the phone, it may protect it from cosmetic damage(hopefully). But the case won't cushion the fall at all. But thats me...

I really like that leather pouch, is it small enough to fit in your pocket? I have an mda that's gotten very fine scratches from doing so. Would be nice to have it in a pouch, and then in the pocket.

Thanks!

Guest YellowLTD

I got one of the silicone cases (got mine from here), and I think it's the best bang for the buck.

Pros:

-Least bulky case that I found.

-Protects corners unlike some of the clear shield products.

-Good shock protection.

-Stays on 24/7 - all features accessible - no reason to have it out of the case.

-The phone is no longer slippery, I can set it on the dash and drive like an ass and it stays put.

-Fingerprints are a non-issue.

Cons:

-Does not protect the screen (I cut up a PDA screen protector and it works great).

-Attracts dust and is somewhat difficult to keep clean (I remove it and wash it once in a while).

-Does not slide easily into/out of pockets (A bit too grippy really, but there's always tradeoffs somewhere. Ironically, the inside surface is smoother, but still grippy, I like it better. No, it won't fit inside out.)

-The one I bought (and all the ones I see online) has an opening on the bottom edge - like for a docking connector or something, even though the phone has nothing there. Odd.

-The piece of silicone that goes across the front, just under the screen and above the d-pad, gets in the way of scrolling the d-pad. It yields to your finger, but it is sub-optimal.

My opinions on the others:

-Leather-and-plastic: I do not like the way they look, and they never seem to fit right.

-Hard plastic snap on cases: These are a bit bulky and seem cheap to me. If dirt gets between the case and phone, the phone will get scratched. Minimal shock protection.

-Clear shield type products: These looked really good to me (keeps the sleek look of the phone), until I found that they are just cut from flat stock and not molded. In order for things to fit properly the film is cut in a certain pattern, and each piece goes on one side of the phone. This leaves corners and edges unprotected, which are the most vulnerable parts. Even if some pieces fold over an edge or two, it is still not fully covered. I find this unacceptable. I also do not like how the installation process brings your phone into contact with water.

All in all, I am happy with what I got. I wish it were thinner, and a little less grippy, and that supid hole in the bottom bugs me (it serves no purpose!), but those are my only gripes.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jizzajam

I got an aluminum case from a company called monaco

http://www.wirelessground.com/i617alblack.html

i beat up my phone a lot when at work. this is actually my second i617, my last one I cracked the front window as well as the small camera window. this case is bulletproof and has a had plastic window covering the screen, i'm fairly confident that this won't happen again with this case.

I generally take it out of the case when i'm not working because it is a little bulky but if you are looking for real protection, this is the way to go.

Guest HighLife

I got this case from ATT store, however its going back...i got a Krusell coming...

biix1.jpg

This is the Krusell i have coming in the mail

89311.jpg

Guest HighLife

I got the krusell today in the mail FINALLY...its not as pictured above, its slightly different. Its sewn up to the top on the left side with slots cut for the volume and the charge/sync jack. The volume hole is just slightly off. This is a nice addition though as it really holds the phone firmly.

Also something to note that this new version of the case covers the screen with the normal clear plastic commonly found on cell phone cases.

Guest dtphantom

I have this one for my phone and love it. It clips to my belt and if I take the clip off it has a kickstand so I can stand it up on my desk. Plus it's silicon so it's got good grip and protects the phone if I drop it.

Guest Jackpot
I have this one for my phone and love it. It clips to my belt and if I take the clip off it has a kickstand so I can stand it up on my desk. Plus it's silicon so it's got good grip and protects the phone if I drop it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

WoW... I just bought this same exact one from an eBay member!

Glad you like it, sounds like you did/do... :D

Greetz,

Jackpot

Guest geno1122

so, little off topic but i have a huge scratch on my screen. does anyone know if they sell replacement screens and would it be an easy install?

Guest myblackjack2.com
so, little off topic but i have a huge scratch on my screen. does anyone know if they sell replacement screens and would it be an easy install?

I read on another forum that someone purchased a replacement screen on ebay for about $40 and had someone install it for $30 -- I think it was on the att wireless forums. From what i remember it was ALOT cheaper than having at&t/samsung service the phone.