WMP (streaming audio) and missed calls

Guest SWEET GT

Guest SWEET GT

I was streaming a local radio station..and noticed that when I stopped the stream, a few alerts/voice mails came in.

So I did some testing and called my phone while streaming audio, and my phone never rings, after 2 rings it goes straight to voice mail.

Is there anyway around this? I dont want to miss calls while streaming audio. Im not sure if the call doesnt come through because of bandwidth issues or what..but was rather suprised when I tested and noticed it never ringing.

Anyone else experience the same thing?

Any solutions?

Guest badbob001

It's common for a GSM phone to not be able to receive a voice call when data is actively transferring. While the GSM network itself allows for voice to interrupt data, it requires a voodoo mix of the right network, phone, and a little luck. Perhaps 3G may solve this, but I'm not sure.

Guest chaznet

That's what happens when you stream via EDGE -- not an issue if you're streaming with WiFi. No way around it :)

I was streaming a local radio station..and noticed that when I stopped the stream, a few alerts/voice mails came in.

So I did some testing and called my phone while streaming audio, and my phone never rings, after 2 rings it goes straight to voice mail.

Is there anyway around this? I dont want to miss calls while streaming audio. Im not sure if the call doesnt come through because of bandwidth issues or what..but was rather suprised when I tested and noticed it never ringing.

Anyone else experience the same thing?

Any solutions?

• 8 months later...