Touch Dual contacts - how to sort first name first?

Guest SteveOh_UK

Guest SteveOh_UK

Hi fellas.

I've just recieved my Touch Dual. woohoooo! :D

As soon as I synced with Outlook and checked out my contacts I remembered about Windows Mobile and the way it sorts its contacts into: Last Name - First Name.

I did have a little program for my XDA that made it possible to view as First Name - Last Name.

Has anyone found such a prog for the Touch Dual? or does anyone know a workaround?

thanks in advance for any help with this... :)

• 2 months later...
Guest foghorn5
Hi fellas.

I've just recieved my Touch Dual. woohoooo! :(

As soon as I synced with Outlook and checked out my contacts I remembered about Windows Mobile and the way it sorts its contacts into: Last Name - First Name.

I did have a little program for my XDA that made it possible to view as First Name - Last Name.

Has anyone found such a prog for the Touch Dual? or does anyone know a workaround?

thanks in advance for any help with this... :D

Sorry for delay but me a noobie

I have been putting a full stop before my most contacted phone buddies, example .Dad or .Pub

You probably have this sorted by now but this may help other thickos like me who have just found this site

Cheers Foghorn

Guest Griff_FFOC

I haven't got one yet (1 week to go), but if it's anything like the smartphones, you can change the display name when editing the contact. Using the "display as" field to change it first name then surname. You can set this in Outlook too for an easier way to do it.

Hope this is right on the touch dual, if not, just ignore me. lol.

Guest Laser_iCE

You can also use the contacts screen in the touchflo menu :D It's become invaluable for me, the way that the touchflo is used in menus and on the home screen is great :( Apple should come up with more cool stuff more often.