Just picked up a cheap qtek 8500

Guest unclelimey

Guest unclelimey

Just a heads up for anyone looking to buy a QTek 8500.. I have just received mine from www.expansys.com and I am pretty pleased with it seeing as it only costs £69.95 now thats a BARGAIN.

They have them in the 'stock clearance' section...

Expansys Qtek 8500 link

SIM FREE TOO :)

Edited by unclelimey

Guest minty1978

Mine arrived on Saturday from expansys...delivery was excellent as I only ordered friday @ 3.00pm

By Saturday afternoon it was running WM6 with the help from the guys at xda-developers.

Back to smartphones after my short stint away with the blackberry!!!

Guest unclelimey

hmm, im still running wm5... not really sure about moving to wm6 seeing as i have destinator 6 running smoothly on it, as is pocket msn and msn messenger. wm5 seems pretty stable and i think is good enough for me.... you know the old saying.. if it aint broke , dont fix it... :)

im glad my post pointed you in the direction of this great bargain

Guest rameses

Oh, I'm so tempted by this, it'd be a nice small alternative to carrying my PPC around. Though I might try flashing wm6 onto my SPVC500 (which I still really like) first.

Guest unclelimey
Oh, I'm so tempted by this, it'd be a nice small alternative to carrying my PPC around. Though I might try flashing wm6 onto my SPVC500 (which I still really like) first.

im really pleased with it... runs really smoothly.

Quite excited now it's been shipped. I only bought it whilst I sit my Orange contract out... The M3100 is good but it's BIG especially as I'm not commuting and using the keyboard for emails etc.

So on a scale of 1 to 10 how hard will it be to put WM6 on it without bricking it? (the phone and myself that is!)

I've had a look at the link Paul posted and I suppose it seems fairly straight forward, but had to ask to gauge opinion... I had read (and it was late last night) that GPRS wasn't working on one of the ROMS?

More research necessary I suppose :)

Guest simon211175

I bought one of these at the full price of £250 when they were new - I still have it and prefer it on occasion to my HTC Touch. At this price, you can't go wrong!

Guest jimbouk
Express Checkout Receipt

This order has been placed with eXpansys on Tuesday 26th February 2008.... snip

I just couldn't help myself... The perfect backup device.

Guest rameses
I wonder how big the discount for 5 or more is - perhaps a small group buy might be in order?

I had a spare minute so I just called 'em to find out and was told they're selling them at a loss anyway so no discount. It was worth a call though to find out.

I've now just got to stop myself from hitting that 'Add to Basket' button.

Guest jimbouk
talking of a wm6 flash... could someone list the advantages of 6 over 5... before i decide whether to do it or not..

thanks in advance.

Quick answer: There's some minor tweaks to the OS but the major benefits relate to interaction with servers.

Link to the pdf

Guest unclelimey
I had a spare minute so I just called 'em to find out and was told they're selling them at a loss anyway so no discount. It was worth a call though to find out.

I've now just got to stop myself from hitting that 'Add to Basket' button.

thanks dude...

im so pleased with this phone... im thinking of getting another one as a spare....

Guest jimbouk

Mine's turned up and no sound from internal earpiece speaker... works with headset and with speakerphone but no sound from internal one - and yes its in normal profile...