• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Just picked up a cheap qtek 8500

109 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Just a heads up for anyone looking to buy a QTek 8500.. I have just received mine from www.expansys.com and I am pretty pleased with it seeing as it only costs £69.95 now thats a BARGAIN.

They have them in the 'stock clearance' section...

Expansys Qtek 8500 link

SIM FREE TOO :)

Edited by unclelimey

Posted

That IS a good deal!

P

Posted

So tempting and they have the Samsung i320 at £119 can't justify the spend atm though.

Posted

Mine arrived on Saturday from expansys...delivery was excellent as I only ordered friday @ 3.00pm

By Saturday afternoon it was running WM6 with the help from the guys at xda-developers.

Back to smartphones after my short stint away with the blackberry!!!

Posted

hmm, im still running wm5... not really sure about moving to wm6 seeing as i have destinator 6 running smoothly on it, as is pocket msn and msn messenger. wm5 seems pretty stable and i think is good enough for me.... you know the old saying.. if it aint broke , dont fix it... :)

im glad my post pointed you in the direction of this great bargain

Posted

Oh, I'm so tempted by this, it'd be a nice small alternative to carrying my PPC around. Though I might try flashing wm6 onto my SPVC500 (which I still really like) first.

Posted

Oh, I'm so tempted by this, it'd be a nice small alternative to carrying my PPC around. Though I might try flashing wm6 onto my SPVC500 (which I still really like) first.

im really pleased with it... runs really smoothly.

Posted

yup, it is a fine phone! it runs WM6 stuningly well.

Now to start modding it further.... :)

Posted

Cool, just ordered one!

Posted

You won't be disapointed!

Posted

Quite excited now it's been shipped. I only bought it whilst I sit my Orange contract out... The M3100 is good but it's BIG especially as I'm not commuting and using the keyboard for emails etc.

So on a scale of 1 to 10 how hard will it be to put WM6 on it without bricking it? (the phone and myself that is!)

I've had a look at the link Paul posted and I suppose it seems fairly straight forward, but had to ask to gauge opinion... I had read (and it was late last night) that GPRS wasn't working on one of the ROMS?

More research necessary I suppose :)

Posted

talking of a wm6 flash... could someone list the advantages of 6 over 5... before i decide whether to do it or not..

thanks in advance.

Posted

I bought one of these at the full price of £250 when they were new - I still have it and prefer it on occasion to my HTC Touch. At this price, you can't go wrong!

Posted

I wonder how big the discount for 5 or more is - perhaps a small group buy might be in order?

Posted

Express Checkout Receipt

This order has been placed with eXpansys on Tuesday 26th February 2008.... snip

I just couldn't help myself... The perfect backup device.

Posted

I wonder how big the discount for 5 or more is - perhaps a small group buy might be in order?

I had a spare minute so I just called 'em to find out and was told they're selling them at a loss anyway so no discount. It was worth a call though to find out.

I've now just got to stop myself from hitting that 'Add to Basket' button.

Posted

They've got 800 of the pink ones... for £10 less!

Posted

talking of a wm6 flash... could someone list the advantages of 6 over 5... before i decide whether to do it or not..

thanks in advance.

Quick answer: There's some minor tweaks to the OS but the major benefits relate to interaction with servers.

Link to the pdf

Posted

They've got 800 of the pink ones... for £10 less!

I think I'd rather spend the extra tenner! :)

Posted

I had a spare minute so I just called 'em to find out and was told they're selling them at a loss anyway so no discount. It was worth a call though to find out.

I've now just got to stop myself from hitting that 'Add to Basket' button.

thanks dude...

im so pleased with this phone... im thinking of getting another one as a spare....

Posted

Wish you hadn't found this unclelimey. I've just ordered a pink one - I really shouldn't but at this price it's a bargain!

Posted

Wish you hadn't found this unclelimey. I've just ordered a pink one - I really shouldn't but at this price it's a bargain!

Too hard to resist :)

Posted

Mine's turned up and no sound from internal earpiece speaker... works with headset and with speakerphone but no sound from internal one - and yes its in normal profile...