Just picked up a cheap qtek 8500

Guest unclelimey

Guest unclelimey

nice find with the imate version paul..

as for flashing my phone to wm6... the main reason I would do it is for the inclusion of windows live messenger, as pocket msn seems to be a bit unstable.. luckily, earlier today I found a cab file for windows live which I installed on my wm5 qtek 8500... and it worked great.

So if you are thinking of flashing to wm6 just for windows live, message me and I will gladly send on the cab file to you..

Guest smith2001

I just got my smartflip, £60 what a bargin, just sold my MTeoR which had WM6 on it for £70 so quite happy.

Gonna put WM6 on this as soon as i have the chance at home. very happy. but just want the WM6 feel and functionality

Guest jimbouk
so you can get your money back and buy the imate version instead... tenner saved!!

Thats exactly whats happening... after a few days of Expansys going a little slow on communications, a very helpful manager has arranged to collect the faulty item, credit my account and order me an imate.

Did you know that they have sold out of the 1400 8500's they had on Tuesday? One customer in Hong Kong had all the remaining stock.

Guest unclelimey
Thats exactly whats happening... after a few days of Expansys going a little slow on communications, a very helpful manager has arranged to collect the faulty item, credit my account and order me an imate.

Did you know that they have sold out of the 1400 8500's they had on Tuesday? One customer in Hong Kong had all the remaining stock.

look out for them on the 'bay coming soon then !

Guest Confucious

I know the feeling!

Just upgraded mine to WM6 but am having problems ith my cert for my server - it's installed but says it's not valid - but it's the same one that works fine on my ameo!

So I can't sync :D

Other than that, it's a great phone (and there is nothing wrong with pink!)

Guest mcwarre
(and there is nothing wrong with pink!)

Methinks you protest too loudly young (wo)man!!! :D :(

Edited by mcwarre

Guest jimbouk
I know the feeling!

Just upgraded mine to WM6 but am having problems ith my cert for my server - it's installed but says it's not valid - but it's the same one that works fine on my ameo!

So I can't sync :D

I have a feeling you can now...

(And my new Imate Smartflip isnt pink!)

Guest Easty
having problems ith my cert for my server

I came across this post whilst trying to find out how to stop the green LED flashing without using 3rd party software...

HowardForums

Any help? Easty.

EDIT: Sorry, just read the titel and thought it might help, then I read the post... no help at all!

Edited by Easty

Guest Confucious

It turns out I had 3 certs on my server (no idea why) after installing all 3 I can now Sync.

I didn't want to explain to the guys at work that I bought the Pink one coz I'm tight so I told them it's because I'm gay. One in ten men apparently are and as it isn't any of them I came to the conclusion it must be me.

My g/f disagrees but now I have a Pink phone to prove it....

Guest mcwarre
it's because I'm gay.

That explains a lot!! :D Is your girlfriend called 'Bob' - cue Blackadder comparisons.......

Guest jimbouk
It turns out I had 3 certs on my server (no idea why) after installing all 3 I can now Sync.

I didn't want to explain to the guys at work that I bought the Pink one coz I'm tight so I told them it's because I'm gay. One in ten men apparently are and as it isn't any of them I came to the conclusion it must be me.

Three out of every four people are Chinese too, Mr Woo.

Guest rameses

Well, it looks like my decision has been made for me. I tried to flash my C500 with a wm6 rom at the weekend and made a total arse of it, so it's now stuck in the bootloader screen. I've spent ages trying to sort it out and have now lost patience. So I'm going to get a StarTrek ! :D

Guest Mysterious Stranger
Well, it looks like my decision has been made for me. I tried to flash my C500 with a wm6 rom at the weekend and made a total arse of it, so it's now stuck in the bootloader screen. I've spent ages trying to sort it out and have now lost patience. So I'm going to get a StarTrek ! :D

Be quick unless you like pink!

http://www.expansys.com/p.aspx?partner=modaco&i=132854

65 left when I ordered yesterday, 9 left as of 12.45 today. As it's an 'eu' version maybe as well spending another fiver and getting a uk mains charger rather than having to mess with a euro adapter. I'm assuming 'eu' versions come with european plugs? Anyone care to confirm? I ordered a spare anyway.

http://www.expansys.com/p.aspx?partner=modaco&i=135489

m.s

Guest Confucious
I can always charge it over USB if needed.

USB doesn't supply a lot of power - there are times when Mains charging is desirable.