Just picked up a cheap qtek 8500

Guest unclelimey

Guest Mysterious Stranger
Just a heads up for anyone looking to buy a QTek 8500.. I have just received mine from www.expansys.com and I am pretty pleased with it seeing as it only costs £69.95 now thats a BARGAIN.

They have them in the 'stock clearance' section...

Expansys Qtek 8500 link

SIM FREE TOO :D

Back up to £99.95 now. Hope everyone who wanted one got one.

M.S

Or if they didn't they'd probably just buy the EU Smartflip at £59.95 ...

...if it does indeed come back in stock. Plus point is a smartflip comes with a leather-ette case. Minus point is it comes with an EU mains adapter.

Been saying 500+ in stock - 3 days for a while now. Although the extra one I ordered tuesday night is ready for collection apparently so they must have some...

M.S

seems like the smartflip is no more at expansys. Only got the pink 8500 now.

Winds me up that they leave it as '585 in stock 3 days'or whatever when they have no intention / possibility of getting more. Stock control's never been their strongest point. Or price :D

Still, got another 2 ordered and paid for still to collect when I can get down there :(

M.S

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

Guest sponge
Winds me up that they leave it as '585 in stock 3 days'or whatever when they have no intention / possibility of getting more. Stock control's never been their strongest point. Or price :D

Still, got another 2 ordered and paid for still to collect when I can get down there :(

M.S

I've never used Expansys before, mainly due to their prices. But when I got the voucher from Modaco and found the smartflip for £59.99 I jumped at the chance. When I ordered it, they quoted several hundred in stock, 5 days iirc. It's now been over a week, the listing is gone and my order has said 'estimated 6 days' every day since. I'm starting to think I'll never see the phone. :(

If this is how Expansys do business, it'll be the last time I try them. <_<

Edited by sponge

Guest rameses

I'm selling my Smartflip on ebay as I've managed to flash my old SPV C500 with a WM 6.1 ROM and I've realised how much I really do like the phone. I've got nothing against the Smartflip, I just don't need four mobile phones (others being my Kaiser, C500 and crappy work Nokia).

It's going for £70 inc P&P as that's what I paid for it a few weeks ago from Expansys, but I'm also chucking in a 1gb micro SD card and the 3.5mm headphone adapter I bought for it too.

Update 04/04/08 - Now sold!

Edited by rameses