ROM: TLR Kaiser 3.08.02.21 WinMo 6.1 - VF ROM / Radio, HTC OEM + CF 3.5 + more

Guest TheLoanRanger

Guest Dinkens

It appears to be with the radio Rom. The radio rom is not allowing the 3g functionality. I mean it works good for me but is just weird with the data connection. I cant get emails but I can get txt and surf the web fine. I can't use google map or msnbc or windows mobile live update.. very strange.. I have the H icon, I use to have 3G... I am using the Tilt. Any idea? is 3g the same as with the H...

Guest shootydogthing

I can do everything except emails :D

I guess that once the new ROM is done I'll be flashing to that, seeing as all I can think of to do is hard reset, and I may as well get the new ROM too.

I guess I'll have to get used to checking my email on my PC again...

Guest Dinkens
I can do everything except emails :D

I guess that once the new ROM is done I'll be flashing to that, seeing as all I can think of to do is hard reset, and I may as well get the new ROM too.

I guess I'll have to get used to checking my email on my PC again...

Hey guess what great news.....http://www.htc.com/us/faq_product.aspx.. Hey I surfed the HTC website and you could undo the changes by re-downloading the old OS. I will try it tonite and redo the hard spl again. Is so much cool stuff to do...

Guest loustylez

I'm having some troubles with the phone not coming out of sleep mode.

I'd like to flash back to the factory ATT rom, is there any way to do that?

#edit: jeez, just as i'm sitting here using the computer i hear the phone vibrate. i look over and it's randomly restarting itself for no reason. i JUST messed with it and there are no programs running. i can't have this. i'd really prefer to go back to the ATT rom and just install HTC home and stuff again on top of it.

Edited by loustylez

Guest shootydogthing

unlucky there :(

you can certainly go back IF you can find the ROM on the interwebs.

update on my situation, went to bed last night, checked it just before as usual and I had another email!

so I changed the settings again and it seemed to stop working, hopefully it'l pull that trick a second time and start working again.

Guest Dinkens
I'm having some troubles with the phone not coming out of sleep mode.

I'd like to flash back to the factory ATT rom, is there any way to do that?

#edit: jeez, just as i'm sitting here using the computer i hear the phone vibrate. i look over and it's randomly restarting itself for no reason. i JUST messed with it and there are no programs running. i can't have this. i'd really prefer to go back to the ATT rom and just install HTC home and stuff again on top of it.

Hey I went to the factory system and I was able to upload the factory ROM with no problem... You can also wipe the rom from scratch by going to Settings>clear Storage> they will be a box to check... once you check that it will wipe out and hard reset your device to whatever rom you have...

****Hard reset will not reset the factory rom, just the the default ROM... To get the factory ROM go to the web link I provided above.

Kaiser 6.1. is great but is just lil' minor things that still needs to be fix.... I'm currently using the Ifonz model from XDA after I re-installed the Factory ROM of my HTC... And GUYS IT IS SUPERB.......... I LOVE IT.... I spent almost 6 hours yesterday reading and trying to figure this out...... But, is so much and so cool, and so exciting 6 hours felt like 1 hour....This is an Iphone look alike OS, the best part about it is a program so you can view both your original OS and the Ifonz OS... try it out.. YOu don't have to worry about flash and hardspl and system getting corrupted....... Once the Kaiser 6.1. radio is adjusted I will upgrade and have one of the BEST PHONE IN THE WORLD............I"M WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD MHHHUUUUAAA MHHHHUUAAA LOL...... I'm just really amaze with Modaco and XDA... I will start donating next week you guys have me leaving my school work behind and staying home trying to hook up this phone... I love you guys lol...... I'm a newbie, but I pick up real quick.... The only way that's possible is REEADDDDDDDDDDDDDD>>> RRRREEEADD, DOWNLOAD...... READ everything before you attempt... RESEARCHHH>>> GOOGLLLEE your best friend, USE IT.. IT WON"T HURT YOU, it will only HELP YOU>>> GOOOOOGLLLLLEE>>>> GOOOOGLLLLE>>>>>GOOOOOGLLLLLE>>>> LMAO.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=369241 this is the link.....

Guest shootydogthing

Hmm.

My phone is being odd, it had received a couple of mails but wouldn't receive on command... but then it worked

Unfortunately, I tried to send a mail and it broke again :D

Guest loustylez
unlucky there :D

you can certainly go back IF you can find the ROM on the interwebs.

update on my situation, went to bed last night, checked it just before as usual and I had another email!

so I changed the settings again and it seemed to stop working, hopefully it'l pull that trick a second time and start working again.

that's exactly what i'm looking for. anyone know where to find a fresh ATT Tilt rom?

Guest Shadowfixeruk
that's exactly what i'm looking for. anyone know where to find a fresh ATT Tilt rom?

Take a look on xda-developers. The are loads over there... http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=378 but be careful to take a ROM that has a radio included or work out how to add your own (sorry i can't help you) - or you will find that your phone stops working like a phone .. (until you reflash)

SF

Edited by Shadowfixeruk

Guest Shadowfixeruk

Hi Looking at the post from elDeeJay

here

- i checked TLR's ROM for Internet Calling - we don't have it...

Skype doesn't work with WM6.1 so is there any chance of adding Internet Calling to the next ROM release TLR? Or is Internet Calling called something else under WM6.1?

Or am i just being thick?

Cheers

SF

Guest Loconinja
Also getting this problem using smtp.gmail.com (tried other smtp servers aswell) as you said removing and recreating account fixes it but obviously not an ideal solution, anyone got any better work around / reg fixes?

Must admit, I have not had this problem for several weeks now.

Guest johnyysmith

Had a couple of probs last couple of days. I'm using Pay as you go and the phone has connected to 3 via 3G uncommanded twice now and incurred a few £'s of call charges before I noticed. Weird because in Comm Manager I only have phone and WiFi turned on! In addition pressing the red phone icon did not disconnect and I had to soft reset each time in order to close the connection. First time this happened was when I turned the phone on. Second time I was browsing using a home network signal.

Guess this is a radio issue. Can anyone suggest a radio rom I could replace with? And would that cause me to lose a lot of stuff?

Edited by johnyysmith

Guest Killian

I finally got fed up of the constant crashes and my alarm not going off as a result so decided to hard reset and flash. Am impressed what I’ve seen so far and haven’t had any problems whatsoever.

Am still getting those damn crashes though, maybe its SPB Pocket Plus or something cus I use the generic alarm. Need to invest in an alarm clock I think, gutted. :D

Guest KevinAlbrecht
I finally got fed up of the constant crashes and my alarm not going off as a result so decided to hard reset and flash. Am impressed what I’ve seen so far and haven’t had any problems whatsoever.

Am still getting those damn crashes though, maybe its SPB Pocket Plus or something cus I use the generic alarm. Need to invest in an alarm clock I think, gutted. :D

So what is the verdict on this ROM? initially everyone seemed pleased, but I am also hearing some weirdness? Paul, I know you have had no troubles. Anyone using a ATT handset with this ROM, without issue?

Guest Killian

Well i quite like it and have not had many problems (far less infact than I had with the default rom!). The only real problem I seem to be getting is Dashwire throwing error messages at me and refusing to work, not sure if thats a rom issue or not though.

As for my gmail, set the account up with auto settings and all is working fine. Also have my google calendar synced through Goosync and thats functioning fine too.

Overall, Im very pleased and would recommend the rom, stil get those annoying random crashes but is happening far less often than it used too.

Guest KevinAlbrecht
Well i quite like it and have not had many problems (far less infact than I had with the default rom!). The only real problem I seem to be getting is Dashwire throwing error messages at me and refusing to work, not sure if thats a rom issue or not though.

As for my gmail, set the account up with auto settings and all is working fine. Also have my google calendar synced through Goosync and thats functioning fine too.

Overall, Im very pleased and would recommend the rom, stil get those annoying random crashes but is happening far less often than it used too.

Thanks for the reply. Can I ask what ROM you had as you default? Are the carrier settings stored in the SIM card? I am just fearing that this ROM may not automatically setup(the phone). With my Tilt ROM, I never had any crashes. It would very occationally lock up, but I attributed that to me having too many applications open(TomTom, Live Search, Contacts, email, etc...). I have had it on the shipped ROM since I bought it and although I don't like the idea of re-loading all of my apps, it time to either do the tilt ROM upgrade without the extra apps(bloat), or this ROM... What say ye?

Guest Shadowfixeruk
Thanks for the reply. Can I ask what ROM you had as you default? Are the carrier settings stored in the SIM card? I am just fearing that this ROM may not automatically setup(the phone). With my Tilt ROM, I never had any crashes. It would very occationally lock up, but I attributed that to me having too many applications open(TomTom, Live Search, Contacts, email, etc...). I have had it on the shipped ROM since I bought it and although I don't like the idea of re-loading all of my apps, it time to either do the tilt ROM upgrade without the extra apps(bloat), or this ROM... What say ye?

Hi Kevin;

I have also been using TLR's ROM for a while (i took the plunge a couple of weeks after it was 1st posted).

My observations are that it locks up far less than the default t-mobile uk vario III rom that was shipped with the phone. the only application that i have found not to work with it is Skype - but this seems to be a generic windows 6.1 deal rather than TLR's rom.

AFAIK there is also no SIP VOIP support in TLR's ROM - see my previous post ^^, if this isn't an issue - i would have no problems using TLR's ROM.....

Are the carrier settings stored in the SIM card? I am just fearing that this ROM may not automatically setup(the phone)

On my first boot - the Radio found and and automatically configured all my settings

I don't like the idea of re-loading all of my apps,

Not sure - but if you backup all your apps using sprite backup or something similar - can you restore them back again?

Hope this helps

SF

Guest tsutton

Installed this ROM last night, seems to have gone well.

One issue I noticed...

When I open an SMS, it goes to the bottom of the message. I had to scroll up to read the message.

I am not using Threaded SMS - I applied the TLR.NoThreadedSMS.CAB patch.

How do I stop it from happening?

Guest WearTheFoxHat
Installed this ROM last night, seems to have gone well.

One issue I noticed...

When I open an SMS, it goes to the bottom of the message. I had to scroll up to read the message.

I am not using Threaded SMS - I applied the TLR.NoThreadedSMS.CAB patch.

How do I stop it from happening?

Are you using kaisertweak? I got the same problem when using KaiserTweak. It's something to do with the joypad and scrolling. I can check the setting if you are using it.