All audio through any Bluetooth headset!

Guest Chad B.

Guest Chad B.

It's amazing that the answer was in another part of the forum the whole time...

Just install the following .cab and assign it a "speed dial" (or run it from the start menu) and you can push all the system audio through the BT headset even if its not A2DP.

Cheers!

Chad

btaudsp.cab

Guest H.Flores

I have a jawbone BT headset and when I use this program I get nothing, no sound at all I also tried chartcross BTARouter with same problem.

Anyone know what I could doto get this to work? Do I need to edit something in the registry?

Edited by H.Flores

Guest thelostsoul

The only way I know of to get music through a non-stereo bluetooth headset is to use Conduits PocketPlayer. While connected and with the player open, press menu - options - Use BT.

Guest thelostsoul
I have a jawbone BT headset and when I use this program I get nothing, no sound at all I also tried chartcross BTARouter with same problem.

Anyone know what I could doto get this to work? Do I need to edit something in the registry?

Did you do as Chad B. mentioned and run it from the start menu after installing?

Guest H.Flores
Did you do as Chad B. mentioned and run it from the start menu after installing?

Yup tried it but, no sound through BT if I leave xm radio playing I may hear some very low static- even tried re-booting first then w/o booting

I'm going to give it one more try , will keep all posted.....

Edited by H.Flores

Guest H.Flores
The only way I know of to get music through a non-stereo bluetooth headset is to use Conduits PocketPlayer. While connected and with the player open, press menu - options - Use BT.

Doesn't work either, guess jawbone just doesnt support it- funny because just installed garmin on my phone and if I get a call when it gives me directions it goes through the BT

Guest thelostsoul

Keep in mind streaming a single voice, typically poorly encoded (which because of the nature, isn't really noticeable) is a lot different than streaming a 44khz, 192/128kbs song.

Just a question though, when you connect your phone and execute that program or switch on Use BT in PocketPlayer, does playback continue through the phone's speaker?

Guest H.Flores
Keep in mind streaming a single voice, typically poorly encoded (which because of the nature, isn't really noticeable) is a lot different than streaming a 44khz, 192/128kbs song.

Just a question though, when you connect your phone and execute that program or switch on Use BT in PocketPlayer, does playback continue through the phone's speaker?

Not when I used the music player , but if I just use the program on page one here it comes through speaker but volume lowers

Guest su6oxone

The last time I used bluetooth A2DP to stream music to a jabra stereo headset was when i owned a sony-ericsson w880i, and it sounded really bad, very 'digital' and not at all like listening through wired headsets. I figured the technology just wasn't there yet. In your experience, though, with a good quality mp3 source, will BT audio sound as good as a wired set or at least almost as good? I'm curious b/c that would be pretty cool to have then...

Guest thelostsoul
The last time I used bluetooth A2DP to stream music to a jabra stereo headset was when i owned a sony-ericsson w880i, and it sounded really bad, very 'digital' and not at all like listening through wired headsets. I figured the technology just wasn't there yet. In your experience, though, with a good quality mp3 source, will BT audio sound as good as a wired set or at least almost as good? I'm curious b/c that would be pretty cool to have then...

I have the Sony stereo headset, and I can say when I stream music from my computer (using a Bluetooth 2.0 dongle) to the headset, it sounds decent. It's certainly not like listening to music over wired headphones, but it's not unbearable. However, with the Blackjack II, I've found that the audio quality is simply horrible. It sounds like the audio was encoded at 32kbs or something. Worse than AM radio quality. I don't know why though...it is an older headset, but I don't know if they've really developed the technology much further or not...

@H.Flores; yea, sorry, but it sounds more like it's trying to send it to the device, and it knows the device is there, but the device either isn't accepting it, or can't play it.

• 1 month later...
Guest Jake E

I was wondering if anyone has used the Jabra BT8010 bluetooth headset with the i617 and been able to listen to XM radio well (after installing the btaudsp.cab). The reviews of the BT8010 have been pretty glowing. If you've had trouble please tell. On the flip side, if you've found a bt headset that works well with XM, which one? Thanks a lot.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JeepinCalifornia

Tried this CAB with a Motorola HS850. It paired with my BJII as it should have, but the phone would not push audio to the non-stereo BT receiver; I could hear static in the headset after running the program, but all "non-phone-call" audio went through the phone speaker as normal...

Edited by JeepinCalifornia

Guest jbone
Tried this CAB with a Motorola HS850. It paired with my BJII as it should have, but the phone would not push audio to the non-stereo BT receiver; I could hear static in the headset after running the program, but all "non-phone-call" audio went through the phone speaker as normal...

Same :D

Seems like we're so close. Like others have said, I actually hear non-phonecall audio through my bluetooth when I'm using Garmin XT Mobile during a phone call. But as soon as the phone call ends, the audio is routed back to the BJII internal speaker.

• 1 month later...
Guest daxdog

I was really hoping this would work for me. I've got a Plantronics Voyager 510SL headset. I have a docking station for it on my desk at work. It also works great with the i617. The problem is that I cannot get music to play through it. I've tried your bluetooth app. I can hear that the headset becomes active but music never comes out. I am using Windows Media Player with it. Any suggestions? I would like to listen to music with my headset while I bike to work.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mondieux

Chad: Wanted to let you know your help made 4 hours of looking worthwhile. Used your download with the speed-dial..Thanks again... :D

Guest loneb

I've got the Jawbone II and the application turns off the audio through the phone (Blackjack II) but doesn't push it to the headset.

Any ideas?

Guest huygens
Chad: Wanted to let you know your help made 4 hours of looking worthwhile. Used your download with the speed-dial..Thanks again... :D

What did you do different? I installed the cab and when I run it it gives me an on or off option. If I select on, I get no sound at all. If I select off I get normal sound through the BJII. I have tried this with both my motorola and plantronics headsets (neither stero) and am getting nowhere fast.

Thanks in advance.

huygens

Guest sonofdaviddavis

I'm using a Samsung WEP200 and also don't get any sound through bluetooth. I was wondering if it works for some based on other modifications they've made prior (or doesn't work for some for the same reason). Anybody for whom it works mind mentioning want mods and apps they've done? Maybe there will become an evident link (like a particular app) that is common among those for which it works, or also possibly a common point among those for which it doesn't.

My apps and mods, on a phone in which all audio to bluetooth does not work:

Flash Video Bundle

TCPMP

Xpress Mail

Garmin Mobile XT

Windows Mobile Live Search

RegEditSTG

Edited by sonofdaviddavis

• 5 months later...
Guest ciscokidinsf

it seems to work for me OK. I have an old plantronics 655 BT. A curious bug is that sometimes it activates virtual voicemail. But the audio for:

- Samsung media player

- Windows Media

- TCPMP

- Phone

seems to go through OK.

• 3 months later...