The official Asus P750 'ask nedge' thread

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

Guest trickyhenry

Has anyone had any issue with Wifi ? using Skype and can't seem to get data through to the handset although i'm connected.

Guest CyberKieken

I must say that this device looks really great. However, I'm doubting a little bit because it only has 64mb of RAM... Is it a problem, or don't you really notice it?

Furthermore, if I check out prices, it is only a little bit cheaper than the HTC Touch Diamond, so it becomes a really touch choice: the Diamond with its TouchFlo 3D, GPU, bigger screen, more RAM, ... and this P750 with a phone-keypad and microSD-support.

Anyone who has been able to compare these two devices?

Thanks in advance

edit: Hmm, I realize how odd the chances are that someone has tested both devices since the Diamond is not released yet...

Reformulation: If the Diamond was available when you bought the P750 at roughly the same price, would you still have bought the P750? The only pro's it has are a keypad and a microSD-slot... But I do like the tought of having a keypad... Tough choise :D

Edited by CyberKieken

Guest Zimaia
Damn ASUS Repair are slow....

Customer Name Joost

RMA no. request date

Phone No. ()004560XXXXXX

RMA No. GH85blabla

ASUS After-sale Repair Status Route is as below:

Product Received > (Waiting) > Repairing > Final Testing > Packing > Ready for Shipping > Repair Finished

Below 1 record found between 2008/03/22 ~ 2008/05/22

Item Serial No Repair Status Memo

1 82AXAGblabla

(Waiting)() yeah for 2-3 weeks now! I want my phone back!

I joost39 :D

Mine stays for good in the suport company. They gave orders to my reseller to deliver a brand new one.

I already got it, but i already discover one small line in one of the corners. Us i have told you this is a problem that is going to ocour again and only a new housing design can fix this problem.

Guest Joost39

Hi Zimaia!

Nice! and sad that it allready have new cracks in the corner, they told me it was a bad batch from ASUS and that it should be better now?

But my reseller did not aswer my mails, and I bought it online from Austria approx. 1-1.200 km from Denmark.... So I called ASUS Scandinavian support, they helped me after 4-5 mails of complaining.

The P750 has been in Holland for repairs, over two weeks now and I start wondering if I´ve ever get it back.

Guest Joost39
I must say that this device looks really great. However, I'm doubting a little bit because it only has 64mb of RAM... Is it a problem, or don't you really notice it?

Furthermore, if I check out prices, it is only a little bit cheaper than the HTC Touch Diamond, so it becomes a really touch choice: the Diamond with its TouchFlo 3D, GPU, bigger screen, more RAM, ... and this P750 with a phone-keypad and microSD-support.

Thanks in advance

edit: Hmm, I realize how odd the chances are that someone has tested both devices since the Diamond is not released yet...

Reformulation: If the Diamond was available when you bought the P750 at roughly the same price, would you still have bought the P750? The only pro's it has are a keypad and a microSD-slot... But I do like the tought of having a keypad... Tough choise :o

:(

Its two different units... P750 is very nice because of the hardkeyboard and the hot swap micro-sdslot. :D

Only thing that is worring me is the cracking corners....on the P750 <_<

Guest richair

Thanks in advance

Reformulation: If the Diamond was available when you bought the P750 at roughly the same price, would you still have bought the P750? The only pro's it has are a keypad and a microSD-slot... But I do like the tought of having a keypad... Tough choise :(

I feel your doubt :D. I was really rooting for a P750, but the cracking corners issue really set me back, and the 64 Mb didn't help either. Regarding the Diamond Touch, you can also wait for the rumored HTC Titanium, presumably the vertical slider version of the Diamond. Though not exactly the same form factor as the P750, you do get the one-handed hardware keyboard option (like the Touch Dual).

The problem, of course, is that the Titanium has not been announced, so it is not clear when (or even if) it will come. My hopes are for the end of 2008.

Guest Metoo
Does anybody know why i can' t really close some programs (for example contacts) with the O.K. button?

WM is designed that way, so that switching between frequently used applications is more or less instantaneous, rather than waiting for everything to load from scratch (try that, and you'll see how slow WM really can be).

It's hangover from the days when early PPCs were trying to compete with the fast response times of Palms. However, now post WM5 devices load applications from slow Flash memory instead of RAM, it's just as imprtant as ever. You can use a good task manager (e.g. PBar) to specify which apps should close and which should stay in memory, or something simple like HTC close which will minimise on tap but close on tap and hold. On a device with 128MB RAM (i.e. not the P750) you never really have to worry about it.

Edited by Metoo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wpmosc

Does any body know, where I can BUY a new Housing for my P750 ?? I cracked the Plastic Amera Lens, and Asus will not help me unless Isend I back to Germany (I stay in Namibia). Then I also know its possible to upgrade the RAM, but I am having real Problems to find the Chips ( HYB25L512160AC-7.5 ) , I have found one Wholesaler in Germany (www.microdis.net) who can supply these RAM Modules at 8.90 euros, but their Minium Order Quantity is 250 Euros....... Anybody  have an Idea where to find these Chips ?? Becouse with 128MB Ram the P750 is probably one of the best PPC out there. By the way I am happily running the VGA V0.17 from Sorg and have hardly any Problems.

Guest Joost39

I have a new and unused spare housing for the P750 with all buttons + the tox6 screwdriver, but not with the hardware dialerkeys.

(bought it on Ebay before ASUS said they would shift the craked housing on the warranty)

Guest tsourisg
Does any body know, where I can BUY a new Housing for my P750 ?? I cracked the Plastic Amera Lens, and Asus will not help me unless Isend I back to Germany (I stay in Namibia). Then I also know its possible to upgrade the RAM, but I am having real Problems to find the Chips ( HYB25L512160AC-7.5 ) , I have found one Wholesaler in Germany (www.microdis.net) who can supply these RAM Modules at 8.90 euros, but their Minium Order Quantity is 250 Euros....... Anybody have an Idea where to find these Chips ?? Becouse with 128MB Ram the P750 is probably one of the best PPC out there. By the way I am happily running the VGA V0.17 from Sorg and have hardly any Problems.

ram chips for asus p750 here:

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/DRAMs-Mobile-RAM-HY...emZ110250970248

Guest Joost39

After 6 weeks of repair in Holland/ASUS, its finally on the way back home to me... :( arh it was on my doorsstep, but sadly no one home :D

13 Jun 2008 10:16 Copenhagen Not Home On Delivery Attempt To Residential Address

13 Jun 2008 07:54 Copenhagen Out For Delivery

13 Jun 2008 07:49 Copenhagen Import Received

12 Jun 2008 23:21 Arnhem Shipped From Originating Depot

12 Jun 2008 18:55 Arnhem Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point

12 Jun 2008 18:55 Arnhem Hub Consignment Passed Through Transit Point

Guest Joost39

I got the phone back this minute through TNT. :(

BUT only the silver framing has been exchanged? Not the fronthousing/facia? I dont believe this ASUS, 6 weeks and only halfdone? I simply give up! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Zimaia

Hi,

There are a new radio update for P750 in asus support version 4.6.8

Please someone can explain me what means "Channel products only" because it says that this update is only for this devices.

I don't know if my P750 is channel product

Thanks in advance

Guest dudegalea

I just got my P750 back from Expansys.

They have indeed fixed the case, so there are no cracks in it.

Unfortunately, they broke something else. :D

The 'voice' button above the scroll wheel no longer works at all. It doesn't even click, so it's obviously a mechanical problem.

I suspect that the repairer didn't put the case back on properly, so the button can't operate.

It's pretty shoddy really. Even a rudimentary post-repair test would've found this. I noticed it about 3 seconds after I switched the unit on.

I'm still going to get Expansys to fix it, but I'm moving on. :(

Guest Joost39

I got mine back from ASUS today - and YES the wholecover has been fixed plus they threw in a nice leather case for me - Thank you ASUS :D :(

Guest Joost39
Hi,

There are a new radio update for P750 in asus support version 4.6.8

Please someone can explain me what means "Channel products only" because it says that this update is only for this devices.

I don't know if my P750 is channel product

Thanks in advance

I updated mine today - no difference though?

Guest Zimaia
I got mine back from ASUS today - and YES the wholecover has been fixed plus they threw in a nice leather case for me - Thank you ASUS :D :o

Mine is fix too. The hausing is diferent from the original one. This one is better, even the touch is nicer.

Joost39 did you know wisbar advance desktop???

I made a nice theme for this software. You can check it out here:

Zimaia4 WAD2 theme

Stay well :(

Edited by Zimaia

Guest cloudspine

How is the software compatibility with the P750? I ordered one and am anxiously waiting for it, but, i looked for some software and games on pocketgear.com, and sadly it tells me that most of the apps and games that I looked forward to trying are incompatible...

BTW, I've never had a PPC before, hence the (newbie) question...

Edited by cloudspine

Guest cloudspine
Software compatability on the whole is very good.

P

Thanks, that's good to know :D Any particular games and programs you've found to be incompatible?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tsourisg

Joost39 what about the quality of the housing you bought from ebay? Is it comparable with the original one? I cracked the battery cover and i can't find nowhere a new one, so i am thinking of buying the whole housing.

Guest Joost39
Joost39 what about the quality of the housing you bought from ebay? Is it comparable with the original one? I cracked the battery cover and i can't find nowhere a new one, so i am thinking of buying the whole housing.

tsourisg - yeah - I couldent see the difference! Its nice.

Guest Peansig

I'm new at here :D

I read your messages.

I also have a long history to report about this phone. I tell you later. :D

Edited by Peansig

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.