How to hard reset the SGH-i780?

Guest Samuel Chan

Guest Samuel Chan
You just have to wait till it finishs, it will take a minute or two.

This code is the full reset for all samsung telefones.

And I have used it myself, it restores the OS to factury default.

But you don,t have to believe me, I do this every day...........( not on my I780 if you get what I mean.)

What utp means is his phone was hung on the booting screen that cannot use the phone function to dial the code.

Guest spinosum

Anyone tried this (as posted in the XDA forum)?

"with the i780 completely off, press SEND (green) + END (red) + Power ON - it will show up the hard reset confirmation."

Guest shodanjr_gr

I got the greek version of the phone.

It has a builtin hard reset function which is activated as follows:

1. Power off the phone

2. Hold down the begin call and end call buttons (green & red)

3. Press and hold the power button

4. Once the phone's status LED turns red, RELEASE the power button but KEEP the other 2 pushed

5. You will get a prompt to press the space key to format, or any other key to continue

I took the above from a post on XDA Devs, and it WORKS on a greek-localized Samsung i780.

It is possible that other versions use different bootloaders, which do not have support for this combo :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest munzab
I got the greek version of the phone.

It has a builtin hard reset function which is activated as follows:

1. Power off the phone

2. Hold down the begin call and end call buttons (green & red)

3. Press and hold the power button

4. Once the phone's status LED turns red, RELEASE the power button but KEEP the other 2 pushed

5. You will get a prompt to press the space key to format, or any other key to continue

I took the above from a post on XDA Devs, and it WORKS on a greek-localized Samsung i780.

It is possible that other versions use different bootloaders, which do not have support for this combo :D

yup yup yup.just got my sim free i780 tonight. i can confirm if u do the above, they work, as in the 1. press space and it will format. 2. any other key to continue.

now waiting for my micro sd to come in to know if gps works properly.wohoo. need to get used to the small screen. been using rectangular htc screens to now...

Guest gavinfabl
yup yup yup.just got my sim free i780 tonight. i can confirm if u do the above, they work, as in the 1. press space and it will format. 2. any other key to continue.

now waiting for my micro sd to come in to know if gps works properly.wohoo. need to get used to the small screen. been using rectangular htc screens to now...

On my unbranded i780 I also confirm it works. Got mine from www.clove.co.uk.

Guest munzab
On my unbranded i780 I also confirm it works. Got mine from www.clove.co.uk.

yeah me too. gutted about the price decrease though.bought mine as soon as it was available,and it went down in price less than a week after. damn.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest linkpda

You got your i780 sim unlock?

How?

My i780 is locked. :D

• 6 months later...

This video is in russian, so I have no idea what they are saying, but I tried it, and it works... :

Hold down call/hang up buttons while doing a soft reset, and you get a question if you want to format.

Guest jodders
This video is in russian, so I have no idea what they are saying, but I tried it, and it works... :

Hold down call/hang up buttons while doing a soft reset, and you get a question if you want to format.

For those who still don't know how to hard reset,

you hold down the the red and green buttons on the phone,and then press the reset button at the side. It should give you then the option to reset.

• 1 year later...
Guest missytordrup
For those who still don't know how to hard reset,

you hold down the the red and green buttons on the phone,and then press the reset button at the side. It should give you then the option to reset.

Mine doesn't give the black screen with the options on it, that you see on the video...How come? Am I holding something wrong, is there a right or wrong order in which to push the green and red button?