Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tez Durrant

HTC S730 / Wings - Nokia Intellisync - Can't Get Data Connection

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

Wondered if anyone can help me here. Just upgraded from an V1415 ( Vodafone branded HTC S710 / Vox ) to a HTC S730.

However Nokia Intellisync ( which worked fine on the V1415 ) is unable to connect over 3G / GPRS to our intellisync server. However I can use IE to browse internet OK & can even browse to the intellisync server. Yet using the same "The Internet" connection in Intellisync client I just get the error unable to resolve server name ?

Any ideas ?

Thanks in Advance

Why are you using Nokia Intellisync with a HTC device?

The proper tools to use are either

Microsoft IntelliSync (Windows XP) www.microsoft.com/mobile

The Missing Sync (Mac) www.markspace.com

On Linux there are a bunch of tools, if you use Linux I trust you can find one :D

For Windows Vista there is a "Mobile Device Center" (IIRC the name) that ships with Vista

Edited by ProbablyX

The Missing Sync (Mac) www.markspace.com

On Linux there are a bunch of tools, if you use Linux I trust you can find one :D

For Windows Vista there is a "Mobile Device Center" (IIRC the name) that ships with Vista

I believe Nokia Intellisync is something like Exchange Server so it's not like syncing device to desktop computer via Active Sync / WMDC.

Tez Durrant:

How about WiFi connection from within your network?

It was never called 'Microsoft intellisync' - before Nokia liked it so much they bought the company, it was marketed by Puma and allowed my to sync all manner of PDA's using the same info databases meaning I only needed one sync app for various devices.

I'll have to check it out again, it was really handy with my palm vx and ipaq 3630!

M.S