• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

O2 UK announce an XDA-flavoured HTC S730 - the XDA Atmos

10 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[teaser]

thumb_17-Mar-2008_o2xdaatmos.jpg
While the S730 isn't anything new to regular readers, UK residents interested in the 3G QWERTY slider running Windows Mobile 6 Standard will soon be able to pick the subsidised handset up on O2 UK. The spec would appear to be the same (definately no GPS, boo!) but personally I think O2's black paint job makes it more appealing than the HTC version![/teaser]

The full spec includes:

• 2.4" qVGA screen
  • Slide out QWERTY keyboard
  • 256/64MB ROM/RAM
  • BT/Wifi
  • Quadband GSM, EDGE/2100MHz UMTS, HSDPA
  • 51x105.8x19.4mm
  • 150g

Hopefully the O2 software build has worked out the memory leak issues reported by some S730 users!

[via RegHardware ]

Posted · Report post

Great phone but a bit chunky to be carrying around. I'd kill for something with the form factor of the Nokia 6300. I bet there's a real market for a small, slim smartphone with WM6 on it but not too fancy that it puts off regular punters.

Posted · Report post

Totally agree, Cdrider. Something the size of the nokia with WM6 would be ideal.

Posted · Report post

Well I like it! and Quad band makes it even more usable in the US. Are the 3G bands US bands?

Posted · Report post

Assuming it's the same as the S730, i'd guess not :/

Posted (edited) · Report post

Great phone but a bit chunky to be carrying around. I'd kill for something with the form factor of the Nokia 6300. I bet there's a real market for a small, slim smartphone with WM6 on it but not too fancy that it puts off regular punters.

The iMate smartflip/ HTC StrTrk is available from Expansys for just £60, and a Windows Mobile 6.1 build (unoffical of course) is available if you want a small, thin smartphone.

http://blogs.msdn.com/jasonlan/archive/200...artflip-60.aspx

Edited by ZSX

Posted · Report post

The iMate smartflip/ HTC StrTrk is available from Expansys for just £60, and a Windows Mobile 6.1 build (unoffical of course) is available if you want a small, thin smartphone.

http://blogs.msdn.com/jasonlan/archive/200...artflip-60.aspx

His link to expansys is dead, but I think that's because they are only now selling the PINK version of that phone! At £60 (plus VAT) it 's tempting, but with a pink front cover....no.

Posted · Report post

[teaser]
thumb_17-Mar-2008_o2xdaatmos.jpg
While the S730 isn't anything new to regular readers, UK residents interested in the 3G QWERTY slider running Windows Mobile 6 Standard will soon be able to pick the subsidised handset up on O2 UK. The spec would appear to be the same (definately no GPS, boo!) but personally I think O2's black paint job makes it more appealing than the HTC version![/teaser]

The full spec includes:

• 2.4" qVGA screen
  • Slide out QWERTY keyboard
  • 256/64MB ROM/RAM
  • BT/Wifi
  • Quadband GSM, EDGE/2100MHz UMTS, HSDPA
  • 51x105.8x19.4mm
  • 150g

Hopefully the O2 software build has worked out the memory leak issues reported by some S730 users!

[via RegHardware ]

What, no GPSr chipset and SatNav software? :D

Posted · Report post

The device has a GPS chipset, from what we've seen though it looks like there's no antenna, rendering it unusable...

Posted · Report post

Just got one from work today, phone feels a bit heavy, compared to its predecessor XDA Graphite (o2's replacement).

The keypad on the graphite was easier to use as the keys were bigger, they have squeezed in the pick up/end call buttons on the keypad.

On boot up there is 18.63MB (with nothing installed) so not sure if this is also affected like the HTC S730 are with memory being eaten by the memory monster, await HTC to resolve...

Time to play and customize with my preferred apps.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

MoDaCo is part of the MoDaCo.network, © Paul O'Brien 2002-2015. MoDaCo uses IntelliTxt technology.