Device lock password and key lock

Guest wilson1914

Guest wilson1914

I've tried a few registry edits on the Q9h to see if I could force WM6 to accept a shorter password for the device lock, but none of them seem to work. Has anyone had success shortening the password requirements? (Less than the four numbers required for the SIMPLE PIN option.) I'm interested in setting the pin to one number - to act like a keyguard.

Unless someone has found a good keyguard program that automatically activates after a certain amount of inactivity for the Q9h...

Guest JQ-NL
I've tried a few registry edits on the Q9h to see if I could force WM6 to accept a shorter password for the device lock, but none of them seem to work. Has anyone had success shortening the password requirements? (Less than the four numbers required for the SIMPLE PIN option.) I'm interested in setting the pin to one number - to act like a keyguard.

Unless someone has found a good keyguard program that automatically activates after a certain amount of inactivity for the Q9h...

I'm looking for the same solution. Why the full password, just a simple combination of unlock and * would do for me.

Anyone?

Guest dran1xx
I'm looking for the same solution. Why the full password, just a simple combination of unlock and * would do for me.

Anyone?

Same here.

I've tried using Automatic Keylock by maniac, but it has a keyboard hook error as i believe on the Q9h windows monitors the keyboard to straightaway allow us to search for contacts when we press any key in the home screen, that conflicts with the automatic keylock program.

I've also tried SmartToolkit by e-Natives which has an automatic keylock function, but the program though very nice-looking doesn't seem very stable on my Q9h, so i uninstalled it.

• 2 weeks later...