Confused

Guest Confucious

Guest Confucious

I now have WM 6.1 Professional on my StrTrk - but this is in the Smartphone / Windows Mobile Standard (non Touchscreen) section.

Does this mean there needs to be a new section in MoDaCo for Smartphone / Windows Mobile Professional (non Touchscreen)?

Guest jimbouk

That would be a ported version of 6.1 pro that someone has tricked to work with the smartphone keypad, I guess

I have 6.1 standard on mine (with the media slider home screen) and like it.

Guest leedsrgaskell
Is yours Erofich's? He's quite clever and has ported pro as well.

I nearly never noticed what you said then but I'm glad I did twig.

I'm happy as the proverbial pig in muck, running Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional on my Strtrk, MS Reader on my £60 clam shell haha, mod-tastic

--

lrg

Guest leedsrgaskell
How usable is it in reality?

I've only played with it for an evening,

Performance, startup time is increased a little, overall though - FAST!

Navigation, Some key presses are a little counter intuitive and the fake cursor can be slow

Text input, All seems pretty good, apparently some web forms require use of the onscreen keyboard and fake cursor.

Features, I was expecting nicities such as the external display not to be integrated. Not only are they all there but some have been improved too!

I've not found a practical use other than using MS Reader but I'm going to stick with it a bit and see what else I can find

--

lrg

Guest Confucious

It is remarkably usable and has all the added advantages of Pro. A few minor disadvantages but, all in all, I like it.

A great port!