language Pack for HP Ipaq 614c/610 series

Guest casull

Guest casull

Hi guys.

I just got this HP Ipaq 614c.

The terminal works fine.. :-)

but i'm getting a bit anoyed about the lack of languages for et9... (xt9)

Do anybody know where i can get my hands of some et9 swedish language files?

My preset files are located in \windows\programs\tegic\et9

//Micke

• 1 month later...
Guest remz
Hi guys.

I just got this HP Ipaq 614c.

The terminal works fine.. :-)

but i'm getting a bit anoyed about the lack of languages for et9... (xt9)

Do anybody know where i can get my hands of some et9 swedish language files?

My preset files are located in \windows\programs\tegic\et9

//Micke

I also bought a 614c recently but unfortunately it does not contain a french xT9 / eT9 which makes writting text messages a real paine. has anyone heard of a language pack similar to the ones available for other pda's ?

thanks for the help.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Faithflame

I am looking also same thing....but for Finnish language pack. Tried with older posts Scandinavian_XT9.cab...extracted finnish dll there and did some registry hacking told on XDAdeveloper Wiki but noticed that it won't work. Or anyway I couldn't get it work for iPAQ 614c with older files. I noticed also that in this phone files are \windows\programs\tegic\et9. Tried to move dll's there but couldn't get it work. Might be so that those are not just compatible. Maybe this phone have newer version of XT9 or something.

So please post if you find solution or have ideas. I have open ticket on HP for this issue but I'm not sure if they even know. :D

Thank you!

Guest Faithflame
I have open ticket on HP for this issue but I'm not sure if they even know. :(

I got answer from HP europe that only english is supported...I even asked them to escalate question and got call from HP and they confirmed that only in-build english, spanish and italian are supported currently. I send email to Nuance because Finnish is on their language list but just couldn't find way to buy that dictionary. Hopefully I get this solved. Good thing is though that XT9 learning new words so eventually I get mostly used words to my dictionary.

Anyone know btw how to add skandic support to hardware keyboard on this machine? Would be better if I could multitap to find for example ä -char after pressing multiple times a key. Now it is little 'hard' to press several times * key to get symbols and then scroll next page and press 3 key to get that char. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ZiCoN
I send email to Nuance because Finnish is on their language list but just couldn't find way to buy that dictionary. Hopefully I get this solved. Good thing is though that XT9 learning new words so eventually I get mostly used words to my dictionary.

Did you ever hear from Nuance?

I would really appreciate the danish X/ET9