HP Ipaq Mobile Broadband Connect

Guest kasbolah

Guest kasbolah

i just get IPAQ 614C, i have sync with my computer through Mobile Device Centre (i use windows vista), but i have problem to find and install HP Ipaq Mobile Broadband Connect, i try to find in starting cd but never found it, any body can help ?

Guest over.be
i just get IPAQ 614C, i have sync with my computer through Mobile Device Centre (i use windows vista), but i have problem to find and install HP Ipaq Mobile Broadband Connect, i try to find in starting cd but never found it, any body can help ?

Hi, why do you need this prog?

Sry in advance for not very detailed instruction.

For 3G/HSDPA or any GPRS connection sharing try this:

Firstly, go to wireless connection manager and tap on the Phone bar, it should be ON.

Then go to Settings->Connections ->Connections and add make new profile (if it hasn't been created before).

It is very important to input correct access point name in that profile. This info you can get from your provider. In my case it is "banga" (Lithuanian provider).

Check if connection works properly.

If it's OK, connect your 614c to PC using USB cable.

Go to Settings->Connections->USB to PC and enable the checkbox.

No to Start->Programms->Internet sharing. Choose USB, then choose your connection's profile (3G or any name you gave before) and click Connect.

Now Internet sharing should be working.

The same you can setup to work through Bluetooth. Just firslty pair the device with PC. Then in the Internet Sharing choose Bluetooth and click connect. Just make sure BT is turned ON in the both devices.

If you'll have any questions, ask.

Good luck!

Guest kasbolah

Hi, over.be,

thank's a lot for your information, i try what you suggest and running well, as mentioned in short manual guide, HP Mobile Connect Broadband is software operate from pc to connect with HSDPA throught pocket pc, and all operate will through pc not through pocket pc (only used as modem and signal 3g to connect HSDPA), anyway your information can help me. Thank's

Guest over.be
Hi, over.be,

thank's a lot for your information, i try what you suggest and running well, as mentioned in short manual guide, HP Mobile Connect Broadband is software operate from pc to connect with HSDPA throught pocket pc, and all operate will through pc not through pocket pc (only used as modem and signal 3g to connect HSDPA), anyway your information can help me. Thank's

"Internet sharing" application does the same thing, it is just named differently. I have the same configuration running on my 614c as i posted above. It works very well.

And i forgot to mention one more way to share Internet connection: wifi.

You can do it using WMWiFiRouter program: http://www.wmwifirouter.com/.

It launches virtual router on your pocketpc, so more than one device (PC, PDA etc.) can connect through your pocket pc's connection (for example 3G/HSDPA). It works fine for me. Just make sure you firstly connect to to your HSDPA connection and that wireless is turned on.

• 1 month later...
Guest Zamex

Hi,

I have tried this with my 614c but Windows Vista says the connection is Local only. No Internet. Browsing with just iPaq works. Is there anything I have to set up on my laptop?