Mysterious Stranger

eXpansys / Modaco tie-up?

7 posts in this topic

Just browsing expansys' store and noticed a modaco tab.... a-la the register's branded eXpansys shop etc.

Wasn't there when I placed an order at 4am, and I haven't clicked through any links to there from here in the last few weeks, but clearing my cookies and refreshing the page got rid of it, so what gives?....

M.S

post-254928-1206951584_thumb.jpg

That would only appear if you clicked a link that had MoDaCo as the referrer in the URL?

P

That would only appear if you clicked a link that had MoDaCo as the referrer in the URL?

P

Not recently AFAIK! Let me know if you get commission off my £20 or so order.... :D

Tried clicking a few linkthroughs and couldn't get it back up. Only thing I can think of is previously I had the reg's branded shop - maybe I'd also clicked modaco's weeks ago and the reg's cookie recently timed out?

M.S

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

Our expansys referrer links are for traffic tracking rather than comission.

P

Our expansys referrer links are for traffic tracking rather than comission.

P

Ok, but shouldn't that be made clear or optional?

Custom URL's are all well and good for tracking, but when the cookie persists and opening a new browser window still brings the 'modaco' tab up it's a bit sneaky.

If it really was just for traffic tracking there are easier ways to to do it.... and having a 'modaco' tab pop up at the root URL in a different session days or perhaps weeks after I might have clicked through from modaco makes the suspicious cynic in me not want to click *any* links from modaco...

M.S

If it really was just for traffic tracking there are easier ways to to do it.... and having a 'modaco' tab pop up at the root URL in a different session days or perhaps weeks after I might have clicked through from modaco makes the suspicious cynic in me not want to click *any* links from modaco...

Well if you want to be a suspicious cynic, then that's up to you isn't it.

P

Well if you want to be a suspicious cynic, then that's up to you isn't it.

P

Asbo-lutely... :D

M.S