ronny

how to disable xT9

4 posts in this topic

Hi is there a way to disable xT9? I am having difficulties using it, when i compose or reply to sms, the keyboards automatically turns on xT9, so I have to press or tap the (*) key to switch to "ABC" or "abc" mode. or is there a way to start the keyboard in "ABC" or "abc" instead of xT9. thanks

Start Menu\Settings\Input\Options (under Touch Keypad)\XT9 Settings...\

Tried untick everything in there?

Start Menu\Settings\Input\Options (under Touch Keypad)\XT9 Settings...\

Tried untick everything in there?

This did not work, this is like a bug on the asian version of touch, HTC asia just released a patch to fix this problem. XT9 problem is now solved! :D

Do not know if I Can upload the patch here, Mods just delete this if it is not allowed.

HTC_Touch_Dual_t9_problem_patch.CAB

Edited by ronny

I tried to do it myself and it didn't work either, I'll try the patch later. However, is there a way for the text input method to stop appearing when you're in a text box? I was on MSN last night and the keypad on the screen kept coming up, so I slid the keypad in/out and it went away, so when I finished writing a message i would slide in the keypad but that's realllllllllly annoying when you're trying to be quick :D