Wifi died

Guest pippy

Guest pippy

Hi, on my HTC touch the wifi has stopped working, i bring up the qube and turn on wifi in the communication manager, then wait till the searching thing at the top stops and then tap it to check its actually connected. i keep trying at college becuase their is wifi everywhere and it says im connected to the college network.

I open internet explorer and tap in a site and it just says locating at the bottom and the page doesnt load, then after a while i get an error saying "the page cannot be found, please try again"

It used to work in college and once i tapped in a site it asked me to log into the college network and the internet worked fine.

But now its not, any ideas?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest hateus
Hi, on my HTC touch the wifi has stopped working, i bring up the qube and turn on wifi in the communication manager, then wait till the searching thing at the top stops and then tap it to check its actually connected. i keep trying at college becuase their is wifi everywhere and it says im connected to the college network.

I open internet explorer and tap in a site and it just says locating at the bottom and the page doesnt load, then after a while i get an error saying "the page cannot be found, please try again"

It used to work in college and once i tapped in a site it asked me to log into the college network and the internet worked fine.

But now its not, any ideas?

Thanks

Ok I dont have the same phone but the same OS, but try clicking start then goto settings, then goto connections tab at the bottom, then click wireless lan icon, then at the bottom you have power mode tab, click that and slide the bar all the way to the left to best performance.

Guest pippy

Thanks for the reply but i think its just my college have change their settings, i am able to use my wifi at home or with other hotspots

cheers

• 7 months later...