• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Help! -- two questions

3 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I have downloaded the transformers theme but can't seem to install in. I have put other themes on my shadow before but they were all .CAB files so they loaded pretty much automatically. I haven't installed a theme that is a zip file. Can anyone help?!?

Also, i have heard of .CAB file that is out there that stores your internet content and your emails that come to your phone on your memory card instead of the phone itself, thus increasing battery life. Has anyone heard of that or know where to find it? I appreciate all of your help! Thanks!!

Posted · Report post

I have downloaded the transformers theme but can't seem to install in. I have put other themes on my shadow before but they were all .CAB files so they loaded pretty much automatically. I haven't installed a theme that is a zip file. Can anyone help?!?

Also, i have heard of .CAB file that is out there that stores your internet content and your emails that come to your phone on your memory card instead of the phone itself, thus increasing battery life. Has anyone heard of that or know where to find it? I appreciate all of your help! Thanks!!

the zip file is not a cab, meaning it won't install itself...you need unzip and copy over files in the windows folder.

note-- because it is NOT a cab, it will permanently change the files without a way to reverse it (no uninstall option.) lots of people get shocked with these types of themes and end up with mix-n-matched themes at some point. which you can always install one of FR's themes and things work out fine...but recommend you backup the original files.

long winded...but i think it is kinda coherent?! good luck!

as for the 2nd thing...haven't heard of it. but don't get how that would affect battery life, to be honest.

Posted · Report post

..as for the 2nd thing...haven't heard of it. but don't get how that would affect battery life, to be honest.

Agreed, and as in a similar post this morning, my advice is to avoid this at all cost, or you risk losing all your emails. This is because a storage card can sometimes be slow in initialising after a reset, and the OS doesn't find it, so creates a 'new' set of mail folders in main memory, which of course will be blank.

The size of a file/folder will have no impact on battery life.