Help! -- two questions

Guest 636kid

Guest 636kid

I have downloaded the transformers theme but can't seem to install in. I have put other themes on my shadow before but they were all .CAB files so they loaded pretty much automatically. I haven't installed a theme that is a zip file. Can anyone help?!?

Also, i have heard of .CAB file that is out there that stores your internet content and your emails that come to your phone on your memory card instead of the phone itself, thus increasing battery life. Has anyone heard of that or know where to find it? I appreciate all of your help! Thanks!!

Guest jsmccabe78
I have downloaded the transformers theme but can't seem to install in. I have put other themes on my shadow before but they were all .CAB files so they loaded pretty much automatically. I haven't installed a theme that is a zip file. Can anyone help?!?

Also, i have heard of .CAB file that is out there that stores your internet content and your emails that come to your phone on your memory card instead of the phone itself, thus increasing battery life. Has anyone heard of that or know where to find it? I appreciate all of your help! Thanks!!

the zip file is not a cab, meaning it won't install itself...you need unzip and copy over files in the windows folder.

note-- because it is NOT a cab, it will permanently change the files without a way to reverse it (no uninstall option.) lots of people get shocked with these types of themes and end up with mix-n-matched themes at some point. which you can always install one of FR's themes and things work out fine...but recommend you backup the original files.

long winded...but i think it is kinda coherent?! good luck!

as for the 2nd thing...haven't heard of it. but don't get how that would affect battery life, to be honest.

Guest Neil5459
..as for the 2nd thing...haven't heard of it. but don't get how that would affect battery life, to be honest.

Agreed, and as in a similar post this morning, my advice is to avoid this at all cost, or you risk losing all your emails. This is because a storage card can sometimes be slow in initialising after a reset, and the OS doesn't find it, so creates a 'new' set of mail folders in main memory, which of course will be blank.

The size of a file/folder will have no impact on battery life.