DupeDeDupe - remove duplicate contacts

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Confucious

Paul I spent ages going through and removing Dupe calender entries - are you going to update to do this? It seems every time I synk a new phone I get another entry ....

Joy of joys.

Guest ChipsOnFire
I'll add Calendar support this week everyone :D

P

Hi Paul,

Did you manage to add it? And....does it work?? :-)

Cheers.

Guest jim!
Yeah, i'm definitely going to add calendar support, perhaps tasks too.

P

Am new to WM (previously a Palm OS man four 6 years) and have already had to remove dupes once, when following a total crash of machine found I had dupes again, this time I found your excellent util. Shame it doesn't do dates yet, looks like I'll have to do the calendar the hard way.

Jim!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Paul (MVP)

Added quidapp donate details in first post, if you use this app, please consider donating to support future developments (including the new version to be released shortly).

P

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I'm quite new around here, I was sent the link to the website about 1/2 an hour ago.

I have got a really old...probably almost 3 years old, O2 XDA Exec running Win Mobile 5.0.

I have some, but not all, of my contacts that have duplicated themselves about 15 times! I have downloaded Dupededupe, but I get ann error message saying that it needs a newer version of Microsoft .NET Compact. I have downloaded and installed from the Microsoft site, but I still get the error message.

I am now getting critically short of space. Can anyone help out please? :)

• 1 month later...
Guest woodsman
Added quidapp donate details in first post, if you use this app, please consider donating to support future developments (including the new version to be released shortly).

P

Any news of the updated version?

• 2 months later...
Guest Mouth

http://www.vaita.com/ODIR.asp ... free outlook plugin.

Absolutely brilliant for duplicate removal, in both calendar and contacts. Also works on emails too.

Scans for duplicates in outlook, and moves them to a separate folder for easy removal and/or review.

Then simply sync your device with Outlook, and your duplicates problem is gone.

• 5 months later...

I'm in for a Quid!

My Rhodium had a corrupted sd card and melted down. In the process of re-loading my 2700+ COntact list, it duplicated on both my phone and Outlook!

Tried my old standby of MAPILab and it wouldn't install properly. Then I remembered DupeDeDupe and I was saved!! Both phone and Outlook now synced with only only one set of Contacts!

Thank You Paul!!!!!!! :D

MadSci

PS: Now I just ahve to kill all the duplicate Calender events! Hmmmm

Wonderful contribution to the Forum Mouth! Thsi one really saved my bacon. Thanks so much!!!!! :D

MadSci

http://www.vaita.com/ODIR.asp ... free outlook plugin.

Absolutely brilliant for duplicate removal, in both calendar and contacts. Also works on emails too.

Scans for duplicates in outlook, and moves them to a separate folder for easy removal and/or review.

Then simply sync your device with Outlook, and your duplicates problem is gone.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest antony09

From my own experience I recommend Clone Remover. It is useful utility for searching duplicate files and folders. Searching for duplicate files belonging to a certain group: archives, office documents, images, video and music, Internet. It is ideal for Windows and Vista and has open source. You can test it and make decision about future use. duplicate remover

• 6 months later...
Guest MadSci

Paul - I just upgraded to a Telus HD2 on AT&T in the States and as usual I'm running into duplicate contact hell! With 2800 COntacts that's a lot of trouble!

DupeDeDupe to the rescue!

I think I donated to this cause when I moved to my Fuze 2 phones ago, but I figure it's woth $1.50 for each phone I need it on! SO chers Mate - have another Pint on me - you've earned it again!

Thanks again, and again, and again, and again... :)

MadSci

• 4 months later...
Guest lubo povedane
Scr0002.jpg
This is a very very very simple application for WM5+ PPC / SP (CF2.0) I rustled up in response to a need to remove duplicate contacts on a device.

It is an EXE only (copy to your device and run), which has a basic GUI which allows you to scan for duplicates, and then choose (after being told your duplicate count) whether to remove them. Contacts are compared based on 'File As', field, 'Email' field and 'Home / Work / Mobile' phone fields. If all those fields match, it's deemed a duplicate.

The application scans my ~200 contacts in under 2 seconds :)

Hope this is useful!

Enjoy, feedback welcomed! If you use the CAB, please consider donating £1 to my 'quidapps' effort to develop cheap, useful applications and tweaks - click here to donate. Donations will be used specifically to buy development tools to enable slicker and more advanced tweaks and applications in the future while retaining a £1 price point!

P

PS If you think it's worthy of me cabbing up, or extending to Calendar support etc., let me know!

[Edit: Now available by request in CAB form with AppToDate support without registration required for download: http://www.apptodate.org/dupededupe.cab]

genialne....... ........poklona vam