GPRS - How to shutdown fast

Guest tonijj

Guest tonijj

My GPRS just keeps turning on all the time, really annoying!

-Active Sync is set to Manual sync for both peak, and off peak hours.

-Only nonstandard apps that I have is Total Commander, dupedupedupe and Jeyo SMS Backup.

So, I dont know which app that initiates this constant dialup to the gprs?!?

Second question:

With most smartphones and PPCs, all you have to do to turn off the GPRS is to hold Red Button for about 2sec, this doesnt work with the Samsung i780. Any ideas on a fast way to turn it off??

-By going into Comm Manager and turn it off from there takes too long. There's gotta be a faster way.

Thanks for the help!

Guest matt1971

-Only nonstandard apps that I have is Total Commander, dupedupedupe and Jeyo SMS Backup.

Second question:

With most smartphones and PPCs, all you have to do to turn off the GPRS is to hold Red Button for about 2sec, this doesnt work with the Samsung i780. Any ideas on a fast way to turn it off??

-By going into Comm Manager and turn it off from there takes too long. There's gotta be a faster way.

Thanks for the help!

Hi,

On the i780, there are a few other apps that may cause the GPRS to activate.

If you use the RRS or podcast readers and leave them open with automatic update turned on

The automatic clock update

The windows update

The microsoft customer feedback

.....there maybe more - I cant remember

When the GPRS is connected if you click on the 3G at the top - I have a disconnect button, but am not sure if another app I use called phonealarm has added this.

Hope this helps.

Matt

Edited by matt1971

Guest alienbuzz

Hi

I have similar question. Bought i780 from UK and use in Hong Kong on CSL. Used to use HTC and they allow you to set up data conn so GPRS only on during sync, however data conn on i780 continues until manually turn off...very big pain......

Anyone know how to set up config so GPRS only on whilst sync???

Annoying the crap out of me

Second question:

Thanks for the help!

Guest jadran8

press and hold the nav button (sat dish) - you'll get the connection manager where u can quickly turn the gprs off

Guest tonijj
press and hold the nav button (sat dish) - you'll get the connection manager where u can quickly turn the gprs off

Unfortunately that didnt work for me :D