Where is the startup manager?

Guest raptown

Guest raptown

hello everyone! I´m not sure whether it exists or not, but there´s no way I can uninstall Empirical sms client or Vito´s sms. I guess it could be because wm5 is starting all these applications at startup. Any ideas??

Thanks in advanced

Edited by raptown

Guest chucky.egg

If Empirical and Vito apps appear in the "Add Remove Programs" list then you-re probably right.

Go to \Windows\Startup on your device and move or delete the shortcuts for those, then try to uninstall again

Guest raptown
If Empirical and Vito apps appear in the "Add Remove Programs" list then you-re probably right.

Go to \Windows\Startup on your device and move or delete the shortcuts for those, then try to uninstall again

thanks Chucky, I´ve deleted ths shortcuts from the startup but cannot manage to get rid of them from the "uninstall programs" (i´ve reseted the pda before). Wm5 keeps telling me "the soft couldn´t be completely removed...etc..."

(when a new sms arrives, they start up again!) don´t know how wm5 adresses the new sms...if can actually edit that information...

I´ve also deleted spb shell thinking it was the cause of these problems...still nothing....

I can actually erase all information regarding these softwares in "program files" but I´m unsure of loosing my sms services. Any ideas?

Guest chucky.egg

I've never used either of them, so cant help much.

I assume you removed the shortcuts from \Startup, then reset, then tried to uninstall - that looks like what you said and should be correct.

What I'd suggest is that you rename (do NOT delete) the \Program Files folders for these apps, and see what effect it has. Send yourself some messages - you might get error messages, but can you still see your messages in the built-in Messaging app?

If you can still get to the messages you sent to yourself then it's probably safe to delete the \Program Files folders for those apps (they'll still appear in the Remove Programs list though).

The other option is to contact the developers themselves, they might have better advice

Guest raptown
I've never used either of them, so cant help much.

I assume you removed the shortcuts from \Startup, then reset, then tried to uninstall - that looks like what you said and should be correct.

What I'd suggest is that you rename (do NOT delete) the \Program Files folders for these apps, and see what effect it has. Send yourself some messages - you might get error messages, but can you still see your messages in the built-in Messaging app?

If you can still get to the messages you sent to yourself then it's probably safe to delete the \Program Files folders for those apps (they'll still appear in the Remove Programs list though).

The other option is to contact the developers themselves, they might have better advice

Great idea! I´ll try tomorrow, thanks Chucky!

Guest raptown
Great idea! I´ll try tomorrow, thanks Chucky!

Hey Chucky! As soon as I deleted the others sms clients (the folders through program files), my default sms start working again!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!