• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Touch Dual Screen Problem

2 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

In the past day or so, not sure exactly when, my Touch Dual has developed what looks like an oil slick on the screen. It's a perfect rectangle which doesn't quite fill the whole screen and is slightly offset from centre. It is only really visible if I look at it from a certain angle when the backlight is off and get the light to reflect off it a certain way, but it is also slightly detectable when using the device. The aftected area also has evenly spaced bumps (or dots) in it, which I guess is something to do with how the touch screen functions.

This has definitely not been there before. Anyone know what it is, what may have caused it, and how I can get rid of it, or am I stuck with it forever now?

Posted · Report post

I had a similar issue to this and discovered it was a problem with the bonding between the layers of the touchscreen. I ordered a replacement and on getting to the last stop discovered that the replacement was the wrong part. Lesson for future check the part before dismantling phone. So I now have 30+ parts of a phone and no screen ;) hopefully the ebay dealer will come up with the correct part. Be warned if you buy from ebay that some of the parts are incorrect, you can see from the photos that the electrical contact runs in the wrong direction.