The HTC Kaiser 6.1 / Performance update is here!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Ghost_1
Please help. I have just updated using the file on the HTC website. However, once the update has completed I can no longer connect to my network (T-mobile). I have tried a hard reset and still nothing.

I don't know what else to try, please help.

Turn the phone off and take out the SIM, then reinsert it and turn the phone back on. See what happens. I had a similar issue with my I-mate Jam after a ROM update, someone had told me something about having left the SIM in while updating or a "bad" connection.

Under START>SETTINGS>PHONE what does it say?

If all else fails try to redo the ROM update. The instant my TYTN II finished the update and restarted itself it was already connected to the Phone part of the network. Before I could even do anything after all the WM6.1 installs the first thing that popped up was a message asking if I wanted to have the phone configure the data connection for the T-mobile US network.

I don't think you should really have to do a thing. As far as I can tell, HTC wanted to make WM6.1 setup as painless as possible.

Guest markeew
Turn the phone off and take out the SIM, then reinsert it and turn the phone back on. See what happens. I had a similar issue with my I-mate Jam after a ROM update, someone had told me something about having left the SIM in while updating or a "bad" connection.

Under START>SETTINGS>PHONE what does it say?

If all else fails try to redo the ROM update. The instant my TYTN II finished the update and restarted itself it was already connected to the Phone part of the network. Before I could even do anything after all the WM6.1 installs the first thing that popped up was a message asking if I wanted to have the phone configure the data connection for the T-mobile US network.

I don't think you should really have to do a thing. As far as I can tell, HTC wanted to make WM6.1 setup as painless as possible.

A bit more information... it seems to work fine when I have the network type set to GSM, but if it is set to Auto or WCDMA I get nothing. I am in a location where auto worked fine before the update and I used to get a regular high speed connection

Guest Paul (MVP)

That's weird, that all works as intended for me.

When you turn phone off and on in comm manager does it still not work?

P

Guest Ghost_1
A bit more information... it seems to work fine when I have the network type set to GSM, but if it is set to Auto or WCDMA I get nothing. I am in a location where auto worked fine before the update and I used to get a regular high speed connection

I assume you are in europe because the 3G network in the US is running in limited areas on the 1700mhz freq. lol

Hmmm, that is still strange though. Maybe something didn't install right while the rom was being installed.

Guest markeew

I have just tried performing the update again, this time without the SIM card in the phone. Once it had finished I switched off the phone, inserted the SIM card and turned it back on. The card was then recognised as a T-mofile SIM and the settings were automatically applied. Unfortunately I then still had the same problem of no network connection, either voice or data.

I then finally treid turning the phone on and off in Comms manager but still had the same problem. Finally I tried changing the Network Type to GSM again and a connection was obtained almost instanteously.

Why has this update broken my 3G connection?

Guest markeew

I am still having this problem and nothing I have tried appears to fix it, is there a way to revert back to the previous (factory default) ROM? I was hoping a hard reset would do this but it only reverts back to 6.1! How pointless!

Guest rebecker

Things just get weirder and weirder with this ROM.

Here are today's adventures:

1. Decided to move the apps that I had installed to main memory because they are part of the Today screen to my SD card. I was hoping to gain program memory.

2. Uninstalled the apps. In all cases got a message saying the apps couldn't be totally uninstalled. Choose to have them removed from the list.

3. After a soft rest, discovered that ALL are still listed as installed!

4. Reinstalled all apps to the SD card. ALL installations failed (According to the message on the screen)! BUT all apps ARE installed and SEEM to be working properly.

5. In the end, I LOST PROGRAM MEMORY, but gained lots of Storage memory!

PLEASE! Certainly someone has the original ROM somewhere that I can reinstall. My mom always said "Don't try to put 3 lbs. in a 2 lb. bag." A phrase Micro$oft has obviously never heard. OH, GIVE ME GOOD OLD WM 6.0!

That's my rant for today.

-Bob-

Guest Retronana
I'm slightly confused by the topic title here. There is certainly no performance update that I can see. :(

Maybe its just me, but this ROM is way better than the stock ROM that came with the handset when I purchased it back in Oct 2007, boot up times have improved as has the delay in programs starting.

The network signal has also improved, in my house I only used to get a 2G signal with only 1 bar, I'm now up to 2/3 bars and the quality of call is better.

I had an issue connecting to my Belkin N1 Router, this has now been resolved too.

Maybe its just me :D

Guest martinlaidlaw
Have you tried this If you haven't make sure you check the IMAP option in your Gmail account options

With regards to your gmail problem (If you've not got it sorted yet) I managed to get gmail IMAP to work by inputting a fake e-mail address at the start of the process.

(item 3 on Google's link above "Enter your Google Mail username (including '@googlemail.com') in the E-mail Address field.")

You then get the option to input your own manual config and select IMAP. You can then change the address back once the account is created.

Hope that helps

Guest Ghost_1
With regards to your gmail problem (If you've not got it sorted yet) I managed to get gmail IMAP to work by inputting a fake e-mail address at the start of the process.

(item 3 on Google's link above "Enter your Google Mail username (including '@googlemail.com') in the E-mail Address field.")

You then get the option to input your own manual config and select IMAP. You can then change the address back once the account is created.

Hope that helps

Nice find! I wonder how much they actually tested this ROM before the release.

I've had to do more soft reset with 6.1 then with 6.0. The ROM itself overall is an improvement over the original however there are still little glitches here and there.

Until WM7 comes out and it's completely rebuilt I don't think anyone is going to be really satisfied with WM. :D

Guest FrankyG
I have done both. the thing is, is that WM6.1 has removed the check box for the manual configuration. :D

Paul, you were keen to use IMAP gmail on your mobile device - is it possible to manually configure gmail on WM6.1 to use IMAP instead of POP? I can't see how to do it.

Cheers,

FrankyG

EDIT _ oops just read the above post! It works.

Edited by FrankyG

Guest markeew

Does anybody know where I can download the original HTC WM6.0 ROM for the TyTn II? I am still having problems with my HSDPA connection and what to try the original ROM.

Thanks

Guest Electronic Punk

Ok so I performed the firmware upgrade when it was originally posted on XDA-Developers.

I was formerly running the 3.08 Vodafone release - whatever that was in aid of - so have a little experience with 6.1 already.

I have only been playing with it quickly but at the moment it does feel faster and boots significantly faster.

I have just also basically undone the HardSPL as suggested on XDA, not because I had experienced issues but because it apparently fixes issues I might experience!

I am using a v1615 but now using the stock Kaiser SPL.

All I have done so far is change many of the options to the recommended in KaiserTweak installed and configured .NET3.5 and am looking at other bits now.

But it does feel faster at the moment so hoping for the best.

Guest krafty
will it work with O2 XDA 2 cooked with windows 6.1??

Hi

I have flashed the new rom in my O2 stellar. Had to HardSPL it first then it took the new rom without problems. Woudn't work on my vista system (as reported by some) but went fine on an old XP laptop.

From a personal point of view, the phone is much improved. Cleaner interface. Better to use, power consumption vastly improved. I used to watch my power meter shrink as the day went on. Now it is much healthier. I have also used Kaiser Tweak to change some of the registry settings and that worked fine with the new rom as well. It picked up my O2 settings after flashing and has been working well since. I don't know whether old HTC Vs new HTC shows much improvement (see above debate) but new HTC vs O2 rom is great improvement in my opinion.

Cheers

Guest Mr Alom

Hi All,

I'm thinking of upgrading my MDA Vario III to the WM 6.1 ROM (that Paul attached here) tonight, does anyone know how to sync my Contacts to the PC? The WMDC does not give me the option to sync my contacts from my device to the PC, it only gives me the option to sync to my PC or Microsoft Exchange. :D

Guest rebecker

Is anyone able to remove software with 6.1 installed? I've tried removing apps via AS, the TyTN II dialog and through the application install software. In all cases the entire application is left on the unit. It functions as if the uninstall was never run. The software is also listed as active in both the unit dialog and the AS dialog. So, if you check out a lot of apps (as I do), your install list will get longer and longer. You'll also have to search and guess which files you can delete manually. Are we back to Pocket PC version 1.0???? <_<

I've also noticed extreme memory leak as the day goes on. That was not much of an issue with 6.0.

Can anyone suggest a good ROM replacement that uses 6.0? It doesn't look like there's a factory version of the original TyTN II 6.0 ROM available.

-Bob-

Guest jasperjugan

anyone experienced slow/unresponsive screens with 6.1? i already flashed and reflashed 3 times but i still get the problem. sometimes i feel the software hanged on me for a few seconds even if i'm pressing it again and again before it responds

Guest Mr Alom
anyone experienced slow/unresponsive screens with 6.1? i already flashed and reflashed 3 times but i still get the problem. sometimes i feel the software hanged on me for a few seconds even if i'm pressing it again and again before it responds

I'm experiencing the exactly same problem too, I'm thinking of flashing it with Dutty's ROM from xda dev tonight.

Guest ScrewlooseAZ

Dutty's was a little more responsive when I tried it. But he loads so much extra stuff on his ROM's, too much for my taste.

Guest rebecker

Have you tried this registry edit:

HKLM>Drivers>TouchPanel>PressureThreshold - Modify to 200

-Bob-

Guest dazza12

I'd like to try this update, I've got an Orange branded Tytn II.

However, I've also got a Parrott CK6100 car kit, and as anyone who owns this combination knows, it can be a bit hit and miss.

Has anyone upgraded their Kaiser and uses this car kit? Any problems introduced (or even fixed!)?

Guest dskeeles

I just got a new V1615 as a warranty replacement from Vodafone UK - it came with WM6.1, ROM version 3.28.161.1 WWE.

Generally the few changes seem nicer, but I'd agree it's no great leap over 6.0

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.