ROM: TLR Kaiser 21.05.08 WinMo 6.1 - HTC FINAL based, CF 3.5 + more

Guest TheLoanRanger

Guest falfa

Mine stayed at 200, using Resco Registry editor. However, I'm still finding the device unresponsive. Sometimes just unusable for about 20 seconds. The keyboard is just a nightmare to use, constantly haveing to go back, unless the phone "is in a good mood" and decides not to have a problem, then it zooms along like it did before, those times are few an far between.

Guest KevinAlbrecht

Well, is there anyone that is happy with the update? I am happy with TLR's last release, and I'm thinking that maybe I should hold off on this update? Seems a little buggy? - Kevin

Guest ScrewlooseAZ

Honestly, I've had enough of HTC's new release. I'm switching back to the previous TLR ROM. Is there a cab somewhere for the Comm Manager on this ROM? I would like to have that instead of the windows blue themed one.

Guest KevinAlbrecht
I have no problems at all with TLR's new ROM!

P

Glad to hear you chime in with this Paul. I am anxious to get the new release if it is stable.

Guest TheLoanRanger

Gradually adding packages in the first post, still the best ROM to use yet for me (aside from the HTC induced cleartype in landscape bug!)

Guest M_Taylor40

I have to agree with TLR, this is the best ROM I have used on my kaiser!

It is so clean and free of crap, but still has pretty much everything you need in it or he has it in a seperate download cab! (Which I'm guessin he's uploading now as I was gettin errors at first lol, bit to quick me thinks!)

The cleartype bug is annoying, but it still looks great in landscape mode without it enabled so its not a huge problem and I can live with it!

Great work TLR!!!

Many thanks,

M_Taylor40

Edited by M_Taylor40

Guest philpac

Can I just make a mildly off-topic point... his name is TheLoanRanger i.e. TLR not TotalRequestLive or TRL...

Thank you and good night... p.s I found this rom to be quite slugish, I've moved down to one of Dutty's now

Guest TheLoanRanger

A new version of the additions (grab via AppToDate) replaces the ugly 3G icon with the nicer one from the Touch Dual.

Guest rebecker
A new version of the additions (grab via AppToDate) replaces the ugly 3G icon with the nicer one from the Touch Dual.

I'm new to this ROM thing. Can someone explain what and where AppToDate is? Sorry in advance for the stupid question.

-Bob-

Guest shootydogthing

it's a program which automatically downloads new versions of supported applications. the ROM and the ROM additions are supported. It's already in the ROM, in the programs menu

Guest johnyysmith

Iv'e just found that on the previous rom the settings>personal>buttons>"Lock" tab is missing. Is it there on this release as I'm getting annoyed to find I'm about to dial or voice dial after its been off in my pocket?

Guest M_Taylor40

I just checked and I have the lock option under Settings>Personal. Is it not there for you?

I'm pretty sure I had the option before as well with the old ROM but couldn't say for definate as I personally don't use the WM locking system and use A_C's S2U2 instead.

Guest sputnic

My TytnII does seem sluggish now after the flash, I flashed the new rom the first day it was out and now the screen doesn't seem to respond every time I tap one it( it just did it again when I used apptodate) and the ok button doesn't work everytime, I was just ignoring it until it was mentioned here, now I see others have the ok button problem. Other than that it seem to work good.

Guest Shadowfixeruk
Iv'e just found that on the previous rom the settings -personal - buttons- Lock tab is missing. Is it there on this release as I'm getting annoyed to find I'm about to dial or voice dial after its been off in my pocket?
Just checked and I have the lock button on my TLR ROM. But the easiest way to lock your phone is to just hold the red "end calls" button.SF

Guest rand

I have just signed in to HTC's Eclub and am downloading the official update now. I will keep you posted on any improvements and features. :D

Guest rebecker
My TytnII does seem sluggish now after the flash, I flashed the new rom the first day it was out and now the screen doesn't seem to respond every time I tap one it( it just did it again when I used apptodate) and the ok button doesn't work everytime, I was just ignoring it until it was mentioned here, now I see others have the ok button problem. Other than that it seem to work good.

Have you tried this registry edit:

HKLM>Drivers>TouchPanel>PressureThreshold - Modify to 200

-Bob-

Guest KevinAlbrecht

Did you Hard Reset after the flash? It has been reccommended to always do so.

Guest rand
Did you Hard Reset after the flash? It has been reccommended to always do so.

I have a HTC phone so i did not need to use the hardspl program. I have given the file to my friend who needed to use the hardspl as he has an O2 version and this works 100% and he now has a HTC phone with the home screen and features now :D

i did notice before i did the upgrade the screen on the old settings was set to 160. Its now 400?? so i have set this to 180 and it works even better than before.

hope this helps

Guest jim.mason

I've had this rom on for about a week now and am very impressed with it. Don't appear to be suffering from the laggy behaviour that some are experiencing.

One problem I have found is that AppToDate won't run, keeps coming up witha NullReferenceException.

Anyone else had this trouble???

Guest mwright

Sorry to be a pain.....

Could someone fill me in on the current status of this ROM as it seems to have gone a bit quiet.

I have read some of the posts here and elsewhere about screen lags and general responsiveness. I understand that a new/reised SPL fixes this. Is that correct?

How about the add-ons? There does not seem to be tbe same quantity for this ROM compared to the prrevious version.

I would love to give ttbis ROM a try but have been holding back since there is no way back (as far as I can tell.)

Cheers

Guest TheLoanRanger

There will be MORE 'additions' CABs than for the last ROM, i'm just a bit busy at work for the next 2 weeks. They're coming though!

Performance of this ROM is still perfect for me.