ROM: TLR Kaiser 21.05.08 WinMo 6.1 - HTC FINAL based, CF 3.5 + more

Guest TheLoanRanger

Guest teefaf

I've just had my tytnII replaced by Orange today, and am keen to load one of the new ROMs onto it. I have two newbie-ish questions which I'd greatly appreciate answers for:

1. How do I choose between TLR's ROM and the official ROM? What factors should I take into consideration?

2. Will either, or both, work on my Orange-branded Kaiser?

Sorry if these have been asked before, it's just that it seems that every time to ask a question on here it gets a different answer, so I'm keen to hear what peoples' thoughts are!

Many thanks in advance. :D

Guest Shadowfixeruk
I've just had my tytnII replaced by Orange today, and am keen to load one of the new ROMs onto it. I have two newbie-ish questions which I'd greatly appreciate answers for:1. How do I choose between TLR's ROM and the official ROM? What factors should I take into consideration?

Official is Official - not that that will make any difference when you blitz your Orange - its the HTC official - not the Orange official - so they won't support it...

TLR's is based on the "Official" (i think); but has some added applications and appto date support - check the 1st post to see what you get above the official ROM.. You will also (probably) get more community support here with TLR's ROM, and XDA Dev's for the official ROM - although this seems to be used as a base for other cooked ROM's rather than just installing the base ROM....

2. Will either, or both, work on my Orange-branded Kaiser? Sorry if these have been asked before, it's just that it seems that every time to ask a question on here it gets a different answer, so I'm keen to hear what peoples' thoughts are!

I have a T-Mobile Vario III (TMo Kaiser) - Works fine for me - if you do flash your phone - just make sure you follow the instructions so you don't brick your phone!

SF

Guest rebecker
  • HTC Camera + Album (5.04) - updated and much improved Camera and Album applications (CAB) - Click Here

i'm trying to download the HTC Camera/Album file on a very slow dialup connection (the best I have :D ). I get at about 1.6MB and the download stops. Is there another site where I can get this file?

Thanks.

-Bob-

Guest M_Taylor40
i'm trying to download the HTC Camera/Album file on a very slow dialup connection (the best I have :D ). I get at about 1.6MB and the download stops. Is there another site where I can get this file?

Thanks.

-Bob-

Hey,

I've uploaded the full cab here so you can try downloading this.

Also incase you still have issues, I've zipped (using 7zip) the file into 1mb sections, which you can download below.

Full 2.2mb CAB file

Zipped part 1 of 3

Zipped part 2 of 3

Zipped part 3 of 3

Let me know if it works ok for you and if you need anything else,

M_Taylor40

Edited by M_Taylor40

Guest rebecker
Hey,

I've uploaded the full cab here so you can try downloading this.

Also incase you still have issues, I've zipped (using 7zip) the file into 1mb sections, which you can download below.

Full 2.2mb CAB file

Zipped part 1 of 3

Zipped part 2 of 3

Zipped part 3 of 3

Let me know if it works ok for you and if you need anything else,

M_Taylor40

Got it! Unfortunately, after installing the software I started having an odd font issue.

post-277453-1212874757_thumb.jpg

Any idea why the fonts are not correct?

Thanks.

-Bob-

Guest sputnic
If you used HardSPL on your device and your experiencing the pauses and laggy behavior that so many of us have gotten from the newer ROM's try this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=396922

It fixed my issues. Also setting the touch screen sensitivity to 200 instead of 400 fixed the rest of my issues.

This did fix it, I no longer get ticked off that the buttons don't work all the time. None of the problems are there anymore. This fix required a re-flash, but I did a backup with sprite backup first and all is good now.

thanx alot.

:D

Guest Foxhunter123

I have just installed Windows 6.1 from the official HTC download place and afterwards installed the suggested cameraupdate on the first page to 5.04 build 29195 with album - but should I then install the official camera fixes from HTC (from when it was 6.0) or are they implemented in 6.1???

Please help :-)

Guest teefaf
Official is Official - not that that will make any difference when you blitz your Orange - its the HTC official - not the Orange official - so they won't support it...

TLR's is based on the "Official" (i think); but has some added applications and appto date support - check the 1st post to see what you get above the official ROM.. You will also (probably) get more community support here with TLR's ROM, and XDA Dev's for the official ROM - although this seems to be used as a base for other cooked ROM's rather than just installing the base ROM....

I have a T-Mobile Vario III (TMo Kaiser) - Works fine for me - if you do flash your phone - just make sure you follow the instructions so you don't brick your phone!

SF

SF - many thanks for your detailed response. I flashed it last week and so far haven't had any major issues. Wifi reception seems to be a bit worse than on my old phone, and it doesn't pick up my home network by default like it used to. I also haven't noticed any improvement in call quality/reception strength, which has been a big issue for me.

Anyway - thanks again - your help is much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Skullface

My AppToDate wont run. I click, the 'working' pie chart animation comes on and it stays, indefinatly. no further response, no error message. On Tmob, flext with WnW.

Any ideas.

Guest Shadowfixeruk
Oddness

- Anyone else seeing this?

I find that both TLR apps (ie the ROM and Updates) are quite flakey in terms of being picked up by App2Date.

Sometimes they register - sometimes they don't (timeout?)

The other App2Date apps i have are

App2Date

CameraAware

NoData

Which all seem "more robust"

I don't get App2Date errors though....

edit : cos my browser doesn't like Modaco Quotes\Replies....

Edited by Shadowfixeruk

Guest mwright
There will be MORE 'additions' CABs than for the last ROM, i'm just a bit busy at work for the next 2 weeks. They're coming though!

Performance of this ROM is still perfect for me.

Any news on the addons yet?

Guest M_Taylor40

Hey everyone,

I've been running this ROM since it was released, and most of it works perfectly, but I have had issues with the slide out qwerty keyboard not responding or doing whatever it feels like! (Delete and backspace key randomly switching between the 2, some keys not work wen i first press them, spacebar seems to let me press it, it sits and waits til i press another key then puts it space in)

I'e tried using the updated HardSPL (3.29 i think) and I still have these issues. Is there anyone that can help me get this working as its starting to drive me crazy!

The older 6.1 TLR ROM worked perfectly but this one is just annoyin me now!

Apart from this issue, everythin else is working perfectly!

Please help me!

M_Taylor40

Guest chucky.egg

I did mine just yesterday and (so far at least!) have no issues with it.

I used HardSPL 3.28 (3.28 was "generally" used for HTC ROMs, 3.29 for AT&T I read somewhere)

TLT 21.05.08

Did a Hard Reset after applying the new ROM (not sure it was reqd, but it was suggested somewhere)

Guest M_Taylor40

Thanks for the info Chucky.egg, I read that about them as well and I downloaded both 3.28 and 3.29, dunno y i used 3.29 lol.

Well I'm currently reflashing my phone, again...

I've downgraded the HardSPL to version 3.28 to see if that fixes my issues.

Hopefully this will the the last flash for a good few months!

I'll report back on what my phone is like in a couple of days or something so others hopefully dont have these issues as well!

M_Taylor40

Guest M_Taylor40

The GPS worked perfectly for me, had TomTom6, Google maps and Live Search all working correctly.

Only issues I had were cleartype in landscape mode (Thanks to HTC!) and the keyboard annoying me, which I should hopefully now have fixed.

M_Taylor40

Guest chucky.egg
Anyone upgrading to this ROM have no problem with using GPS?

No problems at all here

Google Maps and CoPilot Live 7 both working nicely (haven't tried Live Search thing yet)

Guest tsutton

M_Taylor40 & chucky.egg - thanks.

Mine died after the upgrade. Can't get it to work at all.

It does flash GPS. It does say "0 of 0 fix" in Cameraware but never get a fix at all, even when standing outside, in a open space land. :D

Guest chucky.egg

Have you tried installing Google Maps? free and easy way to test it (there are probably others too I guess!)

Do you need to tell CA that the GPS is built-in?

I also had problems with something, forget what, having told it to use COM4 for the GPS. The intermediate drivers worked. That may have been Google Maps