Couple of questions

Guest theodotcom

Guest theodotcom

Hi

I've got the touch plus and have been using it for a couple of weeks, however i have a couple of questions which hopefully someone can answer.

1. On the HTC homescreen, how can i set the weather to update automatically, can't find any settings options like on my smartphone.

2. With my exchange email account i can set it to automatically send/recieve in only peak times only and have off peak as manual, is there any way to do this with my pop account email.

3. How can i set a profiles?

4. Is there anyway to have the email notification off but the text message notification on. I can only see one option for notifications which seems to cover everything.

Thanks in advance for any advice/help

Guest theodotcom

Hi all

Are these questions really that difficult or are there no answers, 228 views and not one person knows. I've managed to work out the notification sounds problem but still need help with the rest.

Anyone???

Guest nuttyphilt
Hi

I've got the touch plus and have been using it for a couple of weeks, however i have a couple of questions which hopefully someone can answer.

1. On the HTC homescreen, how can i set the weather to update automatically, can't find any settings options like on my smartphone.

2. With my exchange email account i can set it to automatically send/recieve in only peak times only and have off peak as manual, is there any way to do this with my pop account email.

3. How can i set a profiles?

4. Is there anyway to have the email notification off but the text message notification on. I can only see one option for notifications which seems to cover everything.

Thanks in advance for any advice/help

1. You can't. There are some options to set it to update automatically but all this does it trigger it automatically to download when you click on the weather tab.

2. You can't. This is one of my annoyances with Windows Mobile.

3. You can't set custom profiles without a 3rd party tool. The only ones you have available are the ones you can see on the tab on the HTC Home screen.

4. Go to Start/Settings/Personal/Sounds & Notifications, click on the Notifications Tab then in the Event dropdown you should see Messaging: New e-mail message, Messaging: New Text message.

Hope that helps.