Help! My Qtek 8500 is dead...

Guest Thomas_S

Guest Thomas_S

Help!

My Qtek 8500 I used for almost two years now doesn't do anything anymore.

It never fell down or had any accidents.

It began some weeks ago when the phone hanged suddenly or didn't respond to calls. First I could get it back by shutting it off and on again. Then I had to soft reset it to get it working. Then it only revived after putting off the battery. And now it doesn't even get a light when attaching the loader.

I tried a hard reset via menu when it happened to start some days ago but it didn't help. Today I tried a hard reset via soft keys/power key but nothing happens. I took off the battery and put it back in and the red light shines for about ten seconds and then ... nothing.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanx

Thomas

Guest Mysterious Stranger

I'd try a new battery first - a 2yr old battery is not going to be at it's best. Anyone you can borrow one off?

M.S

Guest Thomas_S
I'd try a new battery first - a 2yr old battery is not going to be at it's best. Anyone you can borrow one off?

M.S

I don't know anyone with a Qtek 8500. Is the battery changeable with any other model?

But anyway, it didn't look like a battery falut to me because I didn't notice any degradation in duration before. Do the batteries fail suddenly?

Thomas

I don't know anyone with a Qtek 8500. Is the battery changeable with any other model?

But anyway, it didn't look like a battery falut to me because I didn't notice any degradation in duration before. Do the batteries fail suddenly?

Thomas

Hello, it may be the charger connector is loose / broken and your battery is flat :-(

I would find a cheap battery from china on ebay that comes with an external charger unit and try that first. The usually cost no more than €10 with shipping.

Just make sure not to buy the 'extended' version as this will not ift under your existing battery cover.

M.S

Guest Thomas_S
Hello, it may be the charger connector is loose / broken and your battery is flat :-(

I would find a cheap battery from china on ebay that comes with an external charger unit and try that first. The usually cost no more than €10 with shipping.

Just make sure not to buy the 'extended' version as this will not ift under your existing battery cover.

M.S

Hi M.S.,

I don't think it's the charger because I used to charge via USB each working day in the office and the LED's/display looked OK. At home I sometimes used the mains charger and it worked, too. I also tried that when the phone failed.

Very strange! Yesterday I tried again to start the phone and it booted. I charged with the mains charger and it is running fine since then. All my installed software is gone but I can live with that.

I hope it doesn't fail again...

Thomas

Cool. Strange the flash was reset? Can you see any bent pins etc in the connector? The unit needs to have hard reset itself or shorted to wipe it's memory.

I would store pics etc on the memory card from now on.

M.S

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

Guest Thomas_S
Cool. Strange the flash was reset? Can you see any bent pins etc in the connector? The unit needs to have hard reset itself or shorted to wipe it's memory.

I would store pics etc on the memory card from now on.

M.S

No problem with the pins. The software must have been lost when I hard resetted the phone on an occasion just before it went totally off. I tried that because then I suspected a software problem.

Thanks for your ideas anyway...

Thomas