i600 Headphone Adaptor

Guest Bollard

Guest Bollard

Hi all, I bought an adapter from e-bay so I can plug my headphones and speakers into the i600, unfortunately I only get mono sound (ie same in both channels) with the adapter. I've checked using the regular headphones and they work fine so I know the phone is OK. Can anyone recommend and adapter that definitely works properly?

TIA

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bluntvillan

I contacted the buyer and he said that they are definately STEREO. Try forcing your headphones into the adapter. Really squeeze the headphone jack into the 3.5mm adapter, if that doesn't work then he's a lying son of a ....

Guest foggydew88
I contacted the buyer and he said that they are definately STEREO. Try forcing your headphones into the adapter. Really squeeze the headphone jack into the 3.5mm adapter, if that doesn't work then he's a lying son of a ....

To anyone who's intersted I suggest to have a look at this kind of adapter:

https://www.daydeal.com/product.php?productid=13180

it has a built in microphone, I bought a similar one for a Panasonic cordless and it looks pretty good.

I'll buy a new one for my I-600 soon and then I'll give you my feedback.

Slán!

GP

Guest foggydew88
To anyone who's intersted I suggest to have a look at this kind of adapter:

https://www.daydeal.com/product.php?productid=13180

it has a built in microphone, I bought a similar one for a Panasonic cordless and it looks pretty good.

I'll buy a new one for my I-600 soon and then I'll give you my feedback.

Slán!

GP

Ok, adapter arrived from US to Italy in 4 working days after order! (impressive! :D )

I can say it's doubtless stereo (starting piece of "Hells Bells" can't mislead :D my ears), it works well, as I tought, maybe it's too short, ony 30 cm from phone plug to mic, and 40 form phone plug to hear plug, and this fact may reduce the use of the hearphone along car driving or keeping the phone in a pocket.

Pic coming soon!

Slán!

Edited by foggydew88

Guest kasovnik

Are you sure it's NOT stereo, on the site there's a notice clearly saying that this is a stereo headset :D.

I was hoping, that this would be the real stereo 3,5mm adapter for i600 :D.

So sad!

Anyway thanks and keep on testing!