• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

SD card died

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I upgraded the ROM with the new cingular version and now my SD card is not showing up. When I go to task manager, system info, shows up as unknown. Nothing in ActiveSync explorer.

I have tried removing and reinstalling. Can card be formatted in phone? Any ideas?

Posted · Report post

Have you tried removing the card, rebooting the phone then reinstall the card?

Posted · Report post

I upgraded the ROM with the new cingular version and now my SD card is not showing up. When I go to task manager, system info, shows up as unknown. Nothing in ActiveSync explorer.

I have tried removing and reinstalling. Can card be formatted in phone? Any ideas?

There is an issue with loose cards - it may be coincidence it happened when you upgraded.

http://www.modaco.com/content/htc-strtrk-s...file-not-found/

You can't AFAIK format in the phone but if you have an SD adapter and USB SD reader, download panasonic's SD reformatter as windoze etc doesn't do a good job of formatting / recovering cards.

M.S

Posted · Report post

You can't AFAIK format in the phone

Certain file managers and task manager applications have an option to format the card in the phone.

On exammple that has been around since the very early days is Binarys SP Task Manager

http://www.binarys.com/taskmanager_en.asp that and their Smart Explorer are two applications I have always used even though a lot of people now use Resco applications.

Posted · Report post

Certain file managers and task manager applications have an option to format the card in the phone.

On exammple that has been around since the very early days is Binarys SP Task Manager

http://www.binarys.com/taskmanager_en.asp that and their Smart Explorer are two applications I have always used even though a lot of people now use Resco applications.

The stock C3125 rom doesn't have one. If he's downloading stuff to sort the SD card out he may as well download the re-formatter:

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/d..._formatter.html

"Generally, SD/SDHC Memory Card file systems formatted with generic operating system formatting software do not comply with the SD Memory Card specification. "

( And yes, it works on ALL SD cards)

M.S