• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What do you think of the new MOTO Q 9c?

10 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

verizon_in_front.jpg

Looks good, it's thin, and has a bunch of sweet features. Gotta love smart phones. You can view the specs here:

Motorola Q 9c Specs

What you think?

Posted · Report post

verizon_in_front.jpg

Looks good, it's thin, and has a bunch of sweet features. Gotta love smart phones. You can view the specs here:

Motorola Q 9c Specs

What you think?

Looks good for sure but no sale for me because that keyboard is too cramped plus it doesn't seem to have built in wifi :D

Posted · Report post

Looks good for sure but no sale for me because that keyboard is too cramped plus it doesn't seem to have built in wifi :D

Actually, it has a miniSD memory card slot that supports SDIO Wi-Fi cards. :( The dimensions are 4.6” x 2.6” x 0.7”, I think that's a perfect size to keep up with the age of sleeker/thinner phones. Brick phones are pretty much extinct.

What phone do you currently have at the moment?

Posted · Report post

Actually, it has a miniSD memory card slot that supports SDIO Wi-Fi cards. :D The dimensions are 4.6” x 2.6” x 0.7”, I think that's a perfect size to keep up with the age of sleeker/thinner phones. Brick phones are pretty much extinct.

What phone do you currently have at the moment?

Agree, the days of bricks are long gone although you wouldn't think so looking at a lot of the current handsets. I have a Samsung i600, it's smaller and lighter than the Q9c and has wifi built in. I also found the keyboard easier to use :(

Posted · Report post

Agree, the days of bricks are long gone although you wouldn't think so looking at a lot of the current handsets. I have a Samsung i600, it's smaller and lighter than the Q9c and has wifi built in. I also found the keyboard easier to use :D

I just like that you have the functionality to use the MOTO Q 9c for work and play. Not to mention it comes in 3 colors to choose from. Overall, I like the look of the MOTO Q 9c over the i600. The MOTO Q 9c retails for $419 on their site. How much did your phone cost? How old is your model?

Posted · Report post

I just like that you have the functionality to use the MOTO Q 9c for work and play. Not to mention it comes in 3 colors to choose from. Overall, I like the look of the MOTO Q 9c over the i600. The MOTO Q 9c retails for $419 on their site. How much did your phone cost? How old is your model?

The i600 itself is a 2 year old model but mine is just a few months old. As it's now been replaced by newer Samsung models, you can pick up brand new SIM free i600's for GBP £99 which is about about USD $200 (in the US, the i600 is sold as the Blackjack)

Posted · Report post

The i600 itself is a 2 year old model but mine is just a few months old. As it's now been replaced by newer Samsung models, you can pick up brand new SIM free i600's for GBP £99 which is about about USD $200 (in the US, the i600 is sold as the Blackjack)

I heard that phone has the following problems and issues...

Slow user interface, Jog dial is sharp and hard to push in? Also heard it can not run on latest version of Windows Mobile? The Moto Q 9c runs on Windows Mobile 6 plus has Windows Media 10.

Posted · Report post

I heard that phone has the following problems and issues...

Slow user interface, Jog dial is sharp and hard to push in? Also heard it can not run on latest version of Windows Mobile? The Moto Q 9c runs on Windows Mobile 6 plus has Windows Media 10.

• WM5 user interface runs just fine and zips along, I found it's a lot quicker than WM2003SE plus the Samsung card wheel home screen is wonderful!
  • Jog Dial is one of the best things about the handset, makes navigation a breeze and is not at all hard to push in
  • You can update the firmware to the latest version of Windows Mobile 6, instructions on the MoDaCo thread here

Posted · Report post

Keyboard is awesome too :D

P

Posted · Report post

Keyboard is awesome too :D

P

Yes the ergonomic QWERTY keyboard on the MOTO Q 9c's is a sweet feature.