homescreen questions

Guest zelendel

Guest zelendel

I have the Q9h from att and every now and then i will see a screen shot of the home screen with the icons, clock, and ect on diffrent parts of the screen. Maybe a newbe question but how is this done? is it something in the reg that i can change? any advise would be helpfull.

Guest LuvrGirl
I have the Q9h from att and every now and then i will see a screen shot of the home screen with the icons, clock, and ect on diffrent parts of the screen. Maybe a newbe question but how is this done? is it something in the reg that i can change? any advise would be helpfull.

Not sure I understand your question... are you asking how to take a screen shot of your homescreen?

~maria

Guest zelendel
Not sure I understand your question... are you asking how to take a screen shot of your homescreen?

~maria

I am asking about icon placement on the homescreen. every now and then i will see a screen shot of a screen with the shortcut icons in diffrent locals on the home screen and was wondering how this is done.

Guest LuvrGirl
I am asking about icon placement on the homescreen. every now and then i will see a screen shot of a screen with the shortcut icons in diffrent locals on the home screen and was wondering how this is done.

Ah ok, got it. Yes, that is done by editing the xml file to place the plugin for the shortcut icons in different places on the homescreen. Basically, you're just changing the placement of it by editing the code for it.

~maria

Guest zelendel

Thank you. I am alittle new to modding a smart phone, so please bear with me. My last mods were on the razor line. could you maybe give a step by step. which xml file am I looking for?

Guest LuvrGirl
Thank you. I am alittle new to modding a smart phone, so please bear with me. My last mods were on the razor line. could you maybe give a step by step. which xml file am I looking for?

The xml file you would be looking for depends on which homescreen you're currently using. For example, if you're using the Smartphone homescreen, the xml file is called cingular.home.xml (this file is located in Application Data\Home)

[make sure to uncheck hide system/hidden files under Tools>Options before you use the Explore function to browse the device's folders & files]

- copy the file to your computer so you can make your changes/edits and then copy it back over to your device

- rename the

Smartphone to whatever title you want; for example: Smartphone with changes

[tip: if you want to change the placement of the shortcuts, you would look for the plugin for shortcuts and change the x, y coordinates accordingly]

Here's a couple links with xml tutorials to give you an introduction to xml editing:

http://www.modaco.com/content/smartphone-c...ml-homescreens/

http://www.everythingq.com/forum/q-home-sc....html#post75827

~maria