mp3s dont play

They will not play. i cant set mp3 ringtones any more, it just defaults back to the att tone. it also pops up a message saying "This ringtone file is corrupted or unavailable. Please choose a different ring tone"

wow. i just found out even if i try to set any other ringtone it still says the same error message(even if i select the att ringtone)

so that sparked my curiosity, and the mp3's play in tmcore player.

and windows media player dosent even open at all, no error message, just does not open.

ive done two soft resets, but it still dosent work.

any ideas? solutions?

Guest hagie92

never had this problem, but you are probably going to have to do a hard reset. BACK UP ALL OF YOUR DATA, and then hold the up button while pressing the power button.

Good Luck,

Hagie92

Guest hagie92

I know the contacts and SMS can be backed up using the Media Wizard program that came with the Blackjack. If you still have the .cab files for your programs, just save them to your computer, and transfer them back later. A hard reset always sucks, but at least you might have music!

-Hagie92

well all my contacts are backed up in outlook, so thats not a problem, just blah, the gps activator thing, and the reg tweaks for the sms message notification ill have to search for again, i compared the reg. to my oem one, and it found some 730 differences, but alot has changed, and no signifigant differences in windows media player part. i think im going to try to do a little more diggins around to see if there is ANYTHIGN i may be able to find, but ill probably ahve to end up w/ a hard reset.

• 2 years later...