• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

m3100 Problems with device explorer

9 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Ok. Sorry if i'm going over old ground but I need to try and update my M3100 and I'm stuck at the first hurdle.

I have searched for possible answers without luck.

Basically everything is original on the phone.

ROM ver: 1.23.61.4

Radio Ver: 1.06.00.00

Active Sync ver: 4.5

MS Outlook 2003

AS connects and syncs with my device very nicely - no problems there.

When I click on the explore device button it opens a window on the C: drive of my PC and NOT my device.

I'd like to backup, upgrade the OS and install some extra software but without being able to access the device i'm nervous about the whole process - if it is at all possible.

I'd love to upgrade the device all together but money doesn't allow. All in all its been pretty reliable but stupid things like freezing when an appointment is due and other bits force me to want this Mobile 6 install.

Can anyone help please? :D

Posted · Report post

How bizaarre!

And in Explorer it doesn't show up either when your browse around manually?

P

Posted · Report post

How bizaarre!

And in Explorer it doesn't show up either when your browse around manually?

P

Nope. If I try to map a drive it won't have it either.

If I go down the "add new network place" route I just get confused and worried that I'll lose my AS ability.

But, If I got into "my network connections" there it is "mobile device". Is there anything I should do within the device properties to make it a valid destination for my PC to explore?

Today I used the Orange update from last year to renew my ROM to 2.11.61.3 (21/05/07).

I've search far and wide for another example of the problem without success.

Any help appreciated Paul

Posted · Report post

In the Start -> Settings -> Connections -> 'USB to PC' option, try turning off 'Advanced Network Functionality' then plug it in. This just changes how it connects to ActiveSync, and could work.

Worth a try anyhoo :D

P

Posted · Report post

Nope. Afraid that didn't work either.

It did remove the "mobile device" icon from Network connections though.

AS still seem to be working fine.

This is a real pain - I need to install software on my device - will I have to remove MicroSD and place files there before returning the card to device to install?

Posted · Report post

You could install WM5torage to make your storage card appear as a regular USB drive?

P

Posted · Report post

That worked a treat - you are a diamond, thanks for the help.

Now do you think it would be possible for me to safely update the OS to Mobile 6 with the functionality i have?

Posted · Report post

That worked a treat - you are a diamond, thanks for the help.

Now do you think it would be possible for me to safely update the OS to Mobile 6 with the functionality i have?

I think as long as you have an ActiveSync connection (being able to sync contacts etc) you should be able to flash a new ROM!

Posted · Report post

Correct!

P