New bigger FlexT bundles (for existing customers too!)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

T-Mobile have refreshed their FlexT packages!

18 month contracts

Flext 30 - £140 worth of calls and texts

Flext 35 - £200 worth of calls and texts

Flext 40 - £250 worth of calls and texts

Flext 50 - £350 worth of calls and texts

Flext 75 - £650 worth of calls and texts

12 month contracts

Flext 25 - £40 worth of calls and texts

Flext 35 - £120 worth of calls and texts

Flext 40 - £150 worth of calls and texts

Flext 50 - £170 worth of calls and texts

Deets: http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobile-phon...ly/flext/plans/

While this is obviously cool for new customers, the good news is that as an existing customer you can benefit too! I'm on FlexT 35, phoned them up, and they switched me to the new 200 quid allowance no problem at all.

Sweet!

P

Guest shadamehr
...phoned them up, and they switched me to the new 200 quid allowance no problem at all.

Sweet!

P

I just rang them up to switch too...

And was told, "No need - check your Weekly Text alerts - you were AUTOMATICALLY switched to it on the 11th"

I asked her to check the other number on my account too, and she confirmed this too had gone up.

So my Flext 50 + WnW (with all the mega cost discounts I get, plus free evening and weekend calls for life) has gone up from £255 allowance, to a whopping £350 monthly inclusive allowance.

And my Flext 35 + WnW has gone up from £180 to £200 allowance.

So by all means folks, ring up if you wish to make sure - but have ZERO concern they might refuse you.

Bear in mind, they DID tell me this is for 18 month or longer customers ONLY mind.

Guest Confucious

T are good, aren't they? So my £20.52/month now gets me £200 calls/texts/MMS and 3Gb data?

Guess I can live with that. :D

Guest xspyda

Excellent! Good to see they are looking after us existing customers also ;-)

Those of you who had had it confirmed that you are on the 'new plan', can you check whether this shows up under your price plan details on 'My T-Mobile' ?

I have just checked mine and it's still stating £180 credit (for a Flext 35 plan). I haven't called them ... yet.

Cheers.

Edited by xspyda

Guest Paul (MVP)

I HADN'T been auto switched.

Interestingly, when I phoned up they said 'I see you're on WnW Plus, I can switch you to WnW regular and add the free 'Modem Use Option' if you like?'...

What's THAT all about! :D

P

Guest xspyda
I HADN'T been auto switched.

But now you HAVE been switched it shows in My T-Mobile, right?

Interestingly, when I phoned up they said 'I see you're on WnW Plus, I can switch you to WnW regular and add the free 'Modem Use Option' if you like?'...

What's THAT all about! :D

P

Good question, but if it reduces your bill by £5 / month (for the w&w plus add on) and still gives you all the benefits ... I wanna know more!

Did you make the switch, and if so has it made a difference to price or functionality?

Guest shadamehr
But now you HAVE been switched it shows in My T-Mobile, right?

Good question, but if it reduces your bill by £5 / month (for the w&w plus add on) and still gives you all the benefits ... I wanna know more!

Did you make the switch, and if so has it made a difference to price or functionality?

Yeah Paul - find out more, and let us know please...?

Guest Sp00k

Just called T-Mob and asked about an increase from £180 to £200 allowance/month, CS checked and informed me that it's only available for new customers, upgrades and business tariffs...

With an (18 month) Flext 35 W&W contract, I fall into none of these categories. :D

Has anyone with an already-existing standard tariff had any better luck?

Guest Confucious

Just rang T.

Told it was only for new customers.

Said I knew an existing customer who got it and he said he would see if he could change me (I am about 7 months into my contract, don't know if that made a diff) and he could, and has done from my next bill :D

Also asked about WiFi hotspots and was told on W'n'W Plus or Max these are free :(

As I was typing this my phone rang - he rang me back to say he could only put me on the £200 Flext35 if I was on std W'n'W not W'n'W Plus.

Top marks for him phoning me back and he has reverted to my old plan - bloody stupid of T tho!

Aren't you on Plus Paul? Better check to make sure you still are!

Guest shadamehr

A Couple of points in relation to the new allowances, and some of the things mentioned above...

1) Only for 18 months contracts or above, according to T-Mo.

2) Can only be given to you (existing customers here that is), if there is an equivalent tariff - so if you have Flext 35 say, AND then a Bundle for WnW Plus, then maybe, just maybe, they are telling the truth when they say they can't put you on it. I still find this dicey however, as they can 'change' you to the NEW Flext element of this with the extra minutes, and leave your bundles as they are.

3) I sent a text to six of my mates yesterday who are with T-Mo, telling them about the changes. So far five have rang up, and ALL FIVE were instantly told, yes that's no problem, not one of them was told "New Customers Only".

4) HSDPA - on WnW standard, this is only available to them that took out WnW quite some time ago, and then rang up to badger CS to add HSDPA. Those that did, like me, get to keep it. Those that didn't barter for it, or those taking out WnW Standard now, DO NOT currently get HSDPA.

5) A Proper statement from T-Mobile as to who is now entitled to these increases, would be welcomed, so if anyone reading this has any contacts, get contacting them.

6) The above is from my own experiences, NOT a cast iron fact I can guarantee anyone.

7) Like ANY call to CS, if you don't get a good answer first time, just like when after a price on an upgrade, finish the call, and try a DIFFERENT CS bod later.

Cheers all.

P.

Edited by shadamehr

• 4 weeks later...
Guest xspyda
2) Can only be given to you (existing customers here that is), if there is an equivalent tariff - so if you have Flext 35 say, AND then a Bundle for WnW Plus, then maybe, just maybe, they are telling the truth when they say they can't put you on it. I still find this dicey however, as they can 'change' you to the NEW Flext element of this with the extra minutes, and leave your bundles as they are.

This might just be why I am experiencing problems then ....

I had Flext 35 with w&w Plus. Been using this for IM for a while now without a hitch.

Called TMob to enquire about the extra mins and was granted the 'upgrade' no questions asked. However, I now find that I cannot connect to ANY IM service (as with std w&w) although my account shows that I DO have the w&w Plus upgrade applied (as confirmed by Tmob also).

Now, I wonder if changing me to the 'new' plan to allow the extra mins has rendered my w&w plus useless? Anyone here using w&w, has successfully been 'upgraded' to the more mins plan and can still use IM?

It would appear that I am currently paying £5 a month extra for something totally useless to me.

Oh, and check your bills - I have just noticed my 25% Go Direct discount for life is not indicated on my latest bill.

All this seems to tie in with the problems I am experiencing with IM (or lack of) currently.

Guest Confucious

I was told that they could not give W'n'W Plus on the new allowance so I did not upgrade. Did you lose any other discounts or 'just' the 25%?

Guest xspyda
I was told that they could not give W'n'W Plus on the new allowance so I did not upgrade. Did you lose any other discounts or 'just' the 25%?

No, no other discounts were lost. the 25% was not in fact lost either, it was changed. I now have a further 'loyalty' discount of £10.50 added to my account to replace the 25% they were unable to add back on to the account after the upgrade - although at the time I was told the 25% would not be lost. I was even put on hold whilst the supervisor apparently added the discount!

Yet yesterday I was told they have it in the notes that I agreed to losing the discount!

The salt in the wound is that I am not able to go back to the previous plan where everything was working as it should as this no longer exists! Furthermore, I am told over and over that a change of plan can NOT effect w&w Plus in the way it appears to have done!

I am about to fire off a complaint to TMob as my plan is not the value it once was - quite apart form the failed callbacks from management and the conflicting (and false) information I have been fed. Being told "Things in life change" by way of an explanation for the problems I am experiencing was the final straw!

Any suggestions as to the best email address to include in order that it has the best chance of getting resolved?

Guest Confucious

That's not good - the 25% applies to any plan so if you were to change to a higher plan it should increase - and £10.50 isn't 25% of £42.50!

Unlike T to screw up like this, no wonder you are not happy.

Sorry, can't help with an email address.

Hope you get it sorted.

Good luck.

Guest xspyda
That's not good - the 25% applies to any plan so if you were to change to a higher plan it should increase - and £10.50 isn't 25% of £42.50!

Unlike T to screw up like this, no wonder you are not happy.

Indeed, which is why I am not happy to be told that the terms and conditions state that if I change my plan I will lose my 25% discount ... by a supervisor!

I have been, on the whole very habby with TM but having spent yesterday afternoon trying to get this resolved (4 and a half hours) my opinion is swaying a little I am sad to say.

Ok, if anyone else has an email, please post. All I have so far is

[email protected] and [email protected] (Jean-Marc Codsi the Customer Services Director).

Both of these taken from the official T-Mob complaint procedure document.

Guest shadamehr

FURTHER WARNING !

My paper bill has just come in today (as an aside, from this month, UNLESS you elect to OPT IN for continued paper billing, you will be moved onto E-billing only from next month, if you ALREADY have this too via My T-Mobile, so bear that in mind first).

And reading it, I got a shock...

NEITHER of the increased Tariff Bundles I mention earlier in this thread have been applied to my account.

Yet, when I rang up when I first saw the story in here, I was told I don't even NEED to do anything - "You are already on the new higher inclusive allowance, and you will see this on your next bill".

Well, oh no I haven't.

BUT WORSE... After ringing up today, I have been told I can move over to the newer allowance, by way of a tariff change only, but the new tariffs, with the higher allowance, DO NOT include Voicemail as part of the Flext allowance - that is, calls to Voicemail, do not come out of your allowance, but are chargeable at 12p per minute.

WHAT THE...?

So obviously I held off from upgrading to what I was told I am already on anyway last month, as I do not use my allowance level up, but I DO use Voicemail - so changing to the newer form of Allowance, will produce an instant cost to me each month.

Now nowhere in this thread does it mention paying for Voicemail, so I suspect there are going to be a few unhappy people who read this, once they realise they've just moved over to a MORE EXPENSIVE package, without even knowing it.

I'm off to fire a complaint to T-Mobile now.

Great eh...