please help me - novice

Guest c.jackson

Guest c.jackson

Hiya guys,,,

Firstly let me start by saying "sorry" I am a total newcomer to the XDA/PDA scene, so i am sorry if i end up asking stupid questions... :lol: :( :D :lol:

well i recently bought an xda mini s off ebay and i love it, or at least i will when i work out how to use it. I am using it with an contract Orange sim card.

my problems are...

1) how do i set up the internet???

----- at the moment i can not set up the gprs (i think thats what its called) so that i can access the internet whilst out.

----- i am set up on wireless internet at home with sky (netgear router) and i wanted to access that but i cant.

2) also how do i sync the phone to my comp so i can back up all my files and stuff..

Please could someone give me step by step instructions, i have searched and search for a solution but everythink i try gets me no where

again i am so sorry for my naivity but as i said i have never had one of these phones before... I love this phone and i intend to use it for organising my life lol so any advice about decent add on programs etc will be wicked...

any help will be fantastic and i thank you in anticipation.... :o

ps it seems that my phone is a xda mini s G4 xxx

Claire xxx

Edited by c.jackson

Guest PPCInformer

1) GPRS

U can enter ur operator settings from

Start->Settings->Connections->Connections-> Add a new Modem connections

I have no idea of what ur operator settings are , so give them a call and they can give this info to u

2 ) As for wireless ( go to ur comm Manager and switch on WiFi, it will bring up a screen with available networks , choose the one u wnat , enter passkey if any )

3 ) If u r running Visa get Microsoft MobileDevice Center , if XP get Active sync , connect ur PPC and PC through a USB connector and it should guide u through the rest

U can find many freewares from here or u can jump on to my blog @ http://www.1800pocketpc.com

Guest c.jackson
1) GPRS

U can enter ur operator settings from

Start->Settings->Connections->Connections-> Add a new Modem connections

I have no idea of what ur operator settings are , so give them a call and they can give this info to u

2 ) As for wireless ( go to ur comm Manager and switch on WiFi, it will bring up a screen with available networks , choose the one u wnat , enter passkey if any )

3 ) If u r running Visa get Microsoft MobileDevice Center , if XP get Active sync , connect ur PPC and PC through a USB connector and it should guide u through the rest

U can find many freewares from here or u can jump on to my blog @ http://www.1800pocketpc.com

thats fantastic thankyou ...

i really didnt realise it was as easy as that to go on comm manager... thank you

i will try to findout gprs settings for orange contract for xda mini s

Thanks again

Guest PPCInformer
thats fantastic thankyou ...

i really didnt realise it was as easy as that to go on comm manager... thank you

i will try to findout gprs settings for orange contract for xda mini s

Thanks again

no worries .. and welcome to the world of Win Mobile :D