Non-headset user

Guest benedikt

Guest benedikt

I´m considering this as replacement of a conventional phone.

I don´t use a headset (and don´t plan to start either) , and I´d like to know whether there are problems using the Diamond without one? My concern is that the touch sensitive screen cause problems when holding the phone to your ear (even with the 3 sec. timeout).

I have not stubled across any comments about it, which means that 1) there is no problem, or 2) that everyone but me are using a headset. The latter is perhaps a bit far fetched, but I actually think most people with these kind of devices use a headset of some sort.

Can anyone who has actually used the device - without a headset - tell me if I need to worry?

Guest Snoopstah

I haven't made many calls yet but I've had no problems with it. I think it's probably better than many other WM devices in that respect - while the touch screen isn't recessed, it requires a bit firmer touch to do anything.

Equally I never managed to do anything unwanted with my ear on my old Vario II either, but when I lent it to my Mum to make a two minute call she handed it back and about half the applications I had installed were launched! :D

Guest Paul (MVP)

I NEVER use a headset and have had no issues at all.

That said, like the above poster, I've never really found it an issue on any PPC i've owned!

P