spv-Duke3d- very unclear "readme file" please help.

Guest galbro

Guest galbro

below is the small portion of the readme file on spv-duke3d that i have a problem with.

"Multikeys are a way for having all of Duke Nukem keys working on Samrtphone platforms.

You set a value to them and by pressing them and then pressing 1-9 ,and you generate alphabet keys

Example:

You set MultiKey1 to Softkey1 and MultiKey2 to Softkey2.like this in you duke.cfg file:

MultiKey1 = "Softkey1" ""

Multikey2 = "SoftKey2" ""

Holding Softkey1 and pressing 2 will couse button "A".And if you set A to something in your Keydefinitions setting that control activates.like this:

Enlarge_Screen = "A" ""

And if you hold Softkey2 and press 2 it will generate "B" key.

Same rules for all other numeric keys."

Ok i do thank the person for spending time on this. but we are not advanced programmer like you guys are first off can please tell me what "multikeys" are? and what is a "softkey"? ok now regarding the message below.

"Multikeys are a way for having all of Duke Nukem keys working on Samrtphone platforms.

You set a value to them and by pressing them and then pressing 1-9 ,and you generate alphabet keys

so what you teling me above is i press a certain key on my smartphone and press 1 to 9 to create alphabet keys for duke3d...so do i have to have a program for this? do i do this in notepad? or in the cfg file? i cant do this in duke nuken game.

You set MultiKey1 to Softkey1 and MultiKey2 to Softkey2.like this in you duke.cfg file:

MultiKey1 = "Softkey1" ""

Multikey2 = "SoftKey2" ""

so is this what you are talking about then thats not pressing a multikey and pressing a number thats editing a cfg file then??

Holding Softkey1 and pressing 2 will couse button "A".And if you set A to something in your Keydefinitions setting that control activates.like this:

Enlarge_Screen = "A" ""

this above does not tell me anything. where is the softkey1 on my keyboard? do i have to physically press softkey and 2 at same time or do it edit my cfg file? this is confusing to me?

And if you hold Softkey2 and press 2 it will generate "B" key.

Same rules for all other numeric keys."

so does this mean if i hold softkey 3 and press 2 that generates a "C" key? ok when where is softkey 2 and 3 on my keyboard then? since there are 26 alphabets total how will i assign all letters when there are only 10 numbers from 1 to 9?